Regional Sales Manager
Reports To: Eastern District Sales Manager
Location: Wicom, MI
Are: MI, IN, OH and KY
Supervisory: This is not supervisory position.
Type of Work: This is a full time position with the opportunity to receive a full range of benefits including: Medical, Dental, 401(k) plan, Profit Sharing, Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay.
Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of power testing instruments and systems including programmable AC Power Source and DC Power Supplies, AC Loads and DC Electronic Loads, Digital Power Meters and Automated Testing Systems for applications in LED Lighting, LED Drivers, Aerospace, Defense, Military, Automotive, Medical, Battery, Solar, Marine and Regulatory Testing.
The Regional Sales Manager builds strong relationships with customers and identifies solutions to their power conversion or safety testing requirements. She/he is responsible for keeping the management team informed of strategic planning and performance, as well as working with crosses functional teams such as Inside Sales, Marketing, Order Entry, and Service. The position is also responsible for ensuring that any challenges affecting the ability to develop long term relationships between Chroma and its customers in their assigned area are managed to resolution.
The position requires excellent people-management skills, high focus on sales targets, an ability to communicate at all levels in the organization, and a thorough understanding of Chroma’s products and applications.
*Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic plan for his/her region to ensure sales targets are given every opportunity to be met.
- Responsible and accountable for instrument sales target as well as identifying automated test solutions.
- Focus on new growth markets and target accounts.
- Look for ways to improve sales in their region and communicates their ideas to senior management.
- A majority of their time will be spend traveling into regions on regular basis to meet with key customers and/or prospect new accounts as well as attend trade/networking events.
- Perform product demonstrations customers while differentiating Chroma products from competitor offerings.
- Ability to target, set strategy, and penetrate new key accounts consistently.
- Work with sales database.
- Follow up with customers on quotes and information.
- BSEE degree or 4+ years of regional technical sales experience preferably in a power conversion industry (preferred)
- Self-motivation, self-management and professionalism with advanced organizational, negotiation, problem solving skills and team building skills. High energy with the capability to manage multiple customers in a dynamic, rapidly growing company.
- Strong level of business acumen, in order to articulate and understand the business requirements from the customer’s perspective as well as Chroma’s internal requirements.
- Power conversion products background a strong plus.
- Proven track record in achieving and overachieving targets.
- Skilled in prospecting, negotiating, and closing sales.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and preferably Sage CRM.
Chroma Systems Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, marriage or veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering?
- Regional Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19