Marsh Bellofram Group based in Newell, WV, just outside of the Pittsburgh, PA Metro area consists of multiple businesses focused on industrial control and measurement, we are experiencing strong growth and need to expand our 400+ strong team. Products include BeiGas pressure regulators and control products which are sold to Utility, Industrial and Energy customers, Marsh Gauges,Electronic timing and control products sold under the DEl, ATC & Servotek brands, and industrial Thermocouples. Precision Control Devices (PCD) supplies pneumatic products to manufacturing and automation applications & the Bellofram Elastomers division sells highly engineered rubber and silicone components to OEM manufacturers in a wide array of industries including aerospace, defense, manufacturing, and medical.
Position Function: The core function of the commodity manager position at MB will be to both build a supply chain strategy and execute net cost reduction s while improving quality while partnering with the materials, engineering and quality teams. The MB group operates a 400 person manufacturing facility in Newell WV producing a wide variety of products for the portfolio companies that range from machine
parts & castings for the Belgas business unit, rubber and silicone for the Elastomers group and electronics for the ATC/DEI division. Annual supplier spend is approximately $25+M spread among many suppliers and many individual items. The business is growing rapidly and this is a high profile, new position within the company.
Responsibilities: To include but not limited to the following
I . Lead cost reduction initiatives.
2. Lead global supplier rationalization efforts.
3. Develop and implement strategies to create an efficient supply chain and reduce commodity purchase costs.
4. Act as main liai son between engineering and suppliers on new product
5. Work to minimize supplier risk by establishing strategies for risk evaluation.
6. Research potential vendors and compare their products, prices, and services.
7. Negotiate contracts with commodity suppliers and set up terms for prices and delivery.
8. Conduct analysis of market conditions and trends and use this information to predict future supply needs. (with engineering, marketing , etc)
9. 25+% travel including international.
I 0. No direct reports at this time
I. Experience either as a Commodity Manager or Sr Purchasing Engineer
2. Skills in contract negotiations and project management.
Minimum 4 year degree required in Engineering, Supply chain or Business. MBA preferred.
Job Type: Full-time