This position is responsible for developing and qualifying metallurgical processes for castings in Titanium and/or Superalloy systems, and for establishing process control & improvement initiatives for production castings. This position may include responsibility for Process Ownership/Management of a technical process(s). Additional responsibilities include:
- Preparing part-specific work instructions
- Maintaining knowledge of costs, and developing appropriate plans to improve profitability
- Employing statistical methodologies to continuously monitor and improve production part quality
- Developing and implementing part/process improvement plans
- Concurrent engineering with external customers to assure design requirements meet current investment casting capabilities
- Application of customer requirements to internal and outplant operations to ensure processes are compliant.
- Identify needed manufacturing capability enhancements, develop solutions, and lead implementation of action plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgical or Materials Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Investment casting experience
: United States-VA-Hampton
US HVH Hampton, Virginia
One Howmet Drive
: Engineering and Technology
: 02714-34511 HSC TI Engineering
: Day Job
: Experienced Hourly Paid or Salaried : Salaried
: Entry Level
: May 20, 2019, 10:04:44 AM
Minimum Years of Experience :
0 / entry Level