The primary result expected from the Quality Technician will be to provide assistance to the quality Engineer in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the quality system. The Quality Technician will monitor materials and suppliers, resolve production problems, participate in the ppap process and interact with customers, co-workers and suppliers (foreign and domestic). extensive participation and application of problem solving techinques and Lean Manufacturing principles is also required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Evaluates materials, products, and work in progress for conformance to specifications.
- Assist operators with daily quality issues, disposition and problem solving
- Complete/coordinate customer & supplier PPAP and associated documents/requirements. Train
suppliers in PPAP.
- Review/maintain PPAP samples
- Coordinate supplier/customer/internal corrective action
- Evaluates finished products, components, or assemblies for functioning, operation, accuracy, or
assembly to verify adherence to functional specifications.
- Perform/participate in customer/supplier visits/audits.
- Interact with Purchasing, ME, PD, Sales, Manufacturing, etc. to investigate/resolve quality issues
- Perform internal quality audits
- Quality data entry/analysis as required; develop/maintain/communicate quality metrics
- Coordinate/assist with supplier quality systems (performance reporting, communication of
requirements, evaluation/approval of new suppliers, receiving inspection, material certification
- Assist/coordinate quality training for operators
- Create/maintain quality procedures/work instructions
- Process RMA’s and NCM’s, maintain records and determine disposition
- Develop/implement/improve new/existing quality systems for improved quality, increased efficiency and
waste elimination utilizing lean principles
- Assist Product Design and Manufacturing Engineering to determine inspection criteria of product.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree in Quality or related field preferred or 3 to 5 years of quality experience.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years relevant quality assurance/engineering experience in a manufacturing
environment is preferred
- Previous experience in quality systems, manufacturing and/or lean is a plus
- Previous experience in marine and/or upholstery manufacturing environment is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective oral and written communications skills required
- Previous experience with equipment analysis, validation, and sourcing preferred
- Knowledge of ISO requirements a plus
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment is required.
- PC skills to include: MS Office software, such as Excel and Word
- The ability to work with frequent, established deadlines is required
- Organizational and analytical skills are required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift 30 to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The position is an office and plant environment. The plant environment may include, on some occasion, exposure to heat, noise, and odor.
The employee occasionally performs work-related travel.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Quality: 1 year (Required)
- Industrial Sewing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manitowoc, WI 54220 (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible