Perform engineering work to evaluate new and existing manufacturing products and processes with primary focus on woven and knit textile product and processes. Lead continuous improvement projects that are focused on process optimization in a manufacturing environment. Understand customer requirements and align product specifications with process capability to minimize the cost of poor quality and maximize customer satisfaction
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, maintain, and update PFMEA’s, Control Plans and Standard Work Instructions. Improve and establish process capability of existing and new processes to improve overall effectiveness of the Value Streams and drive continuous improvement.
- Utilize Six Sigma tools and DMAIC/Lean philosophy to characterize and improve existing processes and translate customer requirements into repeatable and capable manufacturing processes.
- Standardizing process parameters and machine settings as required.
- Establish and implement control plans to ensure project gains and improvements are realized and maintained over time.
- Optimizing, standardizing specifications for products and processes.
- Support transfer of project solutions or new processes to on-going operations, through operator training and development of standard operating procedures, where applicable.
- Act as technical liaison to product and equipment development groups, which will involve participation on design review teams and/or projects teams. Develop product and equipment specifications to ensure resulting process(es) are manufacturing capable. Responsible for process start up and commissioning (PQ) of all new, modified or relocated equipment and systems.
- Conduct industrial engineering studies to develop accurate standards.
- Support Other Operations Engineering team members in related projects for machine or process issues.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment in accordance with all Safety
Procedures and OSHA regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of B.S Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 2 to 3 years’ experience working in an industrial operation.
Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
Basic knowledge of statistics and probability tools (including, Process Mapping, FMEA, DOE, Capability Analysis, Control Plans, Standard Work Build Procedures, etc.).
Basic computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office software & MiniTab statistical software
Strong leadership, facilitation, teamwork, and communication skills.