For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Aerostar is a world leader in lighter-than-air, stratospheric, and situational awareness technology. Committed to rapid innovation of highly technical and groundbreaking technology, we design and manufacture niche products that enhance security and connect the world. We are working on a number of exciting projects — and looking for extraordinary talent to join our team.
Raven Industries is currently seeking an Intern/co-op student for the 2020 Spring semester and Summer. This will be a full-time, Monday - Friday, 40 hours/week position. The intern will have responsibilities to research, design, test, and fabricate components and subsystems for use on product lines including stratospheric balloons, radars, and airships.
- Learn the product development process and apply to design efforts on your own project.
- Document design and testing as appropriate on each phase of the project.
- Provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers on existing projects.
- Use knowledge and skills in the engineering discipline .
- Performs technical work that does not require previous experience.
- Works independently, as well as with a team.
- Minimum of 2 years towards a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficiency with MSWord, MSExcel is required
- Hands on experience in manufacturing, testing, and/or lab settings are highly desired.
- Familiarity with one or more of Solidworks, Matlab, or Python is desired.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability