Poultry Management Systems (PMSI) based in Lowell Michigan applies technology to make farmers/egg producers more efficient by providing customized control systems and solutions for egg production in N. America. PMSI's computerized data collection, reporting, and control systems help advance the egg industry while providing our staff with an environment rich in entrepreneurial innovation, challenge and purpose.
- Develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles and create those designs and associated drawings in AutoCAD Electrical.
- Work directly with production team, field service technicians and the customer, providing technical support, management of changes and drawing updates as required.
- Provide support to the Commercial team during the quote process to ensure feasible and optimized designs are quoted to our customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected costs.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
- Interpret client requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, and motor controls.
- Define and release bills of material for production team to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Estimate cost and time for design work associated with a given project.
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure safety, quality, delivery and sustainability in all aspects of PMSI’s execution.
- Create documentation such as user manuals, programming and network diagrams, and electrical drawings.
- Provide high-quality pre-sales, design-in and post-sales technical support to the customer.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as required.
· Proficient with AutoCAD Electrical or other electronics design CAD package. ( 3-5 years exp.)
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in controls, electrical or systems engineering.
· A minimum of three years of experience 1) Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting electrical, PLC, and computer control systems.
· Knowledge of UL508A desired.
· Strong fundamental knowledge of electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs including specification of vision, power, sensor, inspection, and communications systems.
· Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
· Critical thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills, able to work independently and in team
· Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
· Ability to balance multiple projects.
· Travel as required to support projects.
Poultry Management Systems offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including a generous allotment of Personal Time Off and a profit-sharing bonus. To learn more about PMSI and our products, please visit our website at: www.pmsi.cc'
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Employees and visitors are required to take and log their temperature upon entering the building and wear mask as they walk through the facility or when leave their work station or office.
- AutoCAD Electrical: 3 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location