Now hiring Maintenance Engineer at Holiday Inn Express Kenedy!
At Holiday Inn Express Kenedy, we’re all about travel that’s simple AND smart.
That means we offer more to our guests where it matters most to them. Easy check-in? Check. All the essentials in a comfy room? Check. They’re all included with a great night’s sleep. We’re focused on getting our guests more than ready. So we’re always ready. Are you?
Job Description: Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – as a Maintenance Representative you’ll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with dedication and pride.
· Repair or replace items around the hotel and refurbish items in guest rooms. By keeping on top of these tasks, you’ll keep our hotels looking great and working well.
· Organize supplies and make sure equipment is ready for the next day
· Live up to high safety standards – follow guidelines and tell your supervisor about any incidents, dangerous conditions or unsafe equipment
· Take responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside the hotel, like the car park and pool
· Always keep an eye out for improvements – follow the preventative maintenance calendar and keep everything working and efficient at all times
· Be a friendly face and helping hand to our guests
· Keep your supervisor or duty manager in the loop and tell them about any low running supplies
· Look smart and approachable in your uniform
· Be ready to take on extra duties as and when the team needs you
What We Offer: We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.50 - $12.50 per hour
All guest are required to wear masks. Social distancing guidelines in place. Mask, gloves and protected wear provided for employees.
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place