12 + months
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
This specific Statement of Work is for a contractor that demonstrates an expert knowledge of Microsoft SCCM, GPO administration, Windows Server 2012/2016 and Windows 10. Supported applications involve Internet technologies in Microsoft .Net Framework and related web enabled components. Must know how to script/code and automate administrative tasks. Must effectively research and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic direction initiatives, monitoring network infrastructure and security, assisting in supporting disaster recover/failover scenarios. Engineer must be a team player that ensures the stability and integrity of network, data and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server and infrastructure systems. This individual has 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the group. This individual must be able to transfer knowledge of developed processes to existing team.
We will look to this individual to document recommendations on improvements along with high level estimates on associated work effort. Documentation could involve procedural documents, training documents, and user guides. This individual will need to work with various application and infrastructure groups to understand data requirements for each area of the organization. Design documentation will need to be produced documenting final deployment details along with support procedures as needed.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively interact and communicate with peer to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor and assess current systems and recommend hardware and software enhancements
- Act as technical resource for other IT analysts and business units by resolving complex computer equipment and systems problems
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to hardware, software, or operator error, and resolve or repair
- Escalate complex problems to other groups, Help Desk, or vendors for resolution or for support under maintenance agreements; oversee vendor work
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and maintain system and application hardware, software, and peripherals for users; install and configure servers in collaboration with WAN group
- Perform equipment and software upgrades
- Lead and execute small projects
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers
- Qualified candidate will be responsible performing root cause analysis/resolution.
- Mentor and lead junior staff members.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned..
- MS SYSTEM CENTER - CONFIGURATION MANAGER (SCCM)
- EXPERIENCE IN PROJECTS INVOLVING PCI/ NIST REGULATIONS, IMPLEMENTATIONS AND / OR AUDITS
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- USER ACCESS PERMISSIONS AND ROLE BASED ACCESS CONTROLS
- ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- IT NETWORK, VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENTS, DATABASE, AND STORAGE
- LOCAL AREA NETWORK (LAN)
- UNDERSTANDING OF COMPUTER AND NETWORK OPERATING SYSTEM FUNDAMENTALS (E.G. OPERATING SYSTEMS, APPLICATIONS, STORAGE, NETWORKING)
- VIRTUAL LAN (VLAN)
- WINDOWS SERVER 2012 R2 / 2016
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
- VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- STIG HARDENING
- Experience in projects involving Pub1075 regulations, implementations and / or audits
- HYBRID CLOUD ARCHITECTURE
- HYPERCONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE
- Shell Scripting
- A Bachelor's degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and two (2) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, an Associate's degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and four (4) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, or a High School diploma/GED and six (6) years of experience in information technology systems or related area.
- Multiple Industry Certifications in field. MCP, MCSE,