Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains qualitystandards for products and processes. Provides statistical information forquality improvement by gathering data on trends and root cause analysis.Responsible to guide technical evaluation, analysis, and related data acquisitionprocesses to ensure plant quality objectives are achieved.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
· Assesses quality performance (orcost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods. Devises andimplements various methods and procedures for inspecting, testing andevaluating the precision, reliability and accuracy of products, processes andproduction equipment.
· Develops and establishes qualitysystems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends,statistical plans, cost estimates and technical quality plans for proposals.Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant withrequirements and/or contract.
· Assesses the cost of, and determinesthe responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet requiredstandards and specifications by performing statistical analyses.
· Provides input on quality to productdevelopment teams.
· Identifies quality performance, trendsand corrective action by coordinating with customers and suppliers. Ensures complianceto specified quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier auditsand surveys. Develops and initiates programs to improve supplier performance.
· Prepares reports by collecting,interpreting, analyzing and summarizing data and making recommendations.
· Participates in failure analysis andcorrective action investigations.
· Refines and enhances products andprocesses by applying continuous improvement and key leanmanufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical areas of production.
· Represents company by interfacing withcustomers, assisting with internal and external audits. May act as main contactin audit. Develops and coordinates corrective action procedures and plans.
· Communicates and educates Value StreamTeam on matters requiring specialized knowledge of quality functions, i.e.,Production Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Process (APQP),and document control.
· Makes quality-related customer andvendor visits and contacts as required.
· Maintains professional and technicalknowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications,establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices,maintaining American Society for Quality certification, and/or participating inother professional associations.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree(BS) in Engineering or a related discipline.
· American Societyfor Quality certification desired.
· Demonstratedability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquiredthrough two or more years of related experience.
· Six Sigma and Leantools experience is desired.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Quality Engineer: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement