About the Opportunity:
Odyssey Space Research, LLC has an opportunity for a full-time Aerospace and/or Software Engineer to support our continued growth in the Houston, TX area. For more than 15 years, Odyssey has tackled complex problems with innovative engineering and software solutions to advance space exploration – and to have fun doing it. We foster a collaborative culture with a relaxed work environment where happy employees produce exceptional outcomes. Being a part of Odyssey Space Research means being part of a team of highly skilled professionals in fields such as aerospace engineering, software, mathematics, and physics, who create innovative products and solutions to advance space exploration. Our goal is to provide you with challenging work in a fun environment. Visit us at https://www.odysseysr.com/
The qualified candidate will be innovative, analytical, and excited to further space exploration through their work on practical and impactful projects such as Orion, Commercial Crew and Cargo, and Exploration Programs. The candidate is expected to:
- Provide systems engineering support for complex crewed and uncrewed space systems
- Development and analysis of software and system requirements
- Implement the system in flight software and/or simulation
- Provide unit and integrated testing support as a necessary part of the software lifecycle
The objective of this position is to be the initial steps of a career with Odyssey.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- 1+ years of space systems, space vehicles, space subsystems, etc.
- 3+ years of Software Engineering (C++, Python), software lifecycle, and best practices
- 3+ years of Unit Testing and Integrated Testing
- Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC)
- Hardware (1553, IMUs, GPS, etc.) and hardware integration and test
- NASA’s core Flight Software (cFS)
- NASA’s Trick simulation environment
- Software development in a Windows and/or Linux environment
- Time Triggered Ethernet and other networking protocols
- MATLAB, Simulink, and auto-coding
BS (MS preferred) in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or similar degree program from an accredited institution.
This position is located in the Houston, TX area.
Due to the nature of the work, a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Multiple locations
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan