Concord University is a public institution with an enrollment of around 2000 students. The University is located in a scenic, small-town setting in the mountains of southern West Virginia with access to year-round outdoor recreation activities.
The Office of Technology Services provides comprehensive information technology services to the entire university including support for all business functions, academic units, athletics, and the community.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Application Services, this entry-level position provides technical guidance and programming services to support the strategic vision of the various administrative and academic units, with emphasis on student academic services. The position will develop, modify, and implement new and existing software, reports, and other system-based programmatic solutions to meet specific user-requirements and business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply programming knowledge to develop, test, and debug applications, scripts, and reports.
- Collaborate closely with staff in student academic services to enhance the impact and effectiveness of academic-focused software (e.g. Ellucian Degree Works, Clearinghouse verification, transcript, and tracker services) by utilizing technical knowledge to make recommendations and backend/system improvements.
- With guidance from senior developers, create, improve, and deliver reports using business intelligence tools (e.g. Argos, Tableau)
- Train, assist, and provide general Student Information System support to faculty/staff/students and other users of enterprise software. This may include closing tickets, meeting with users, and providing in-person and virtual training on a routine basis.
- Works closely with departmental functional staff to review, document, research, and
recommend improvements to business processes using best practices.
- Remains current on new developments for Banner, Degree Works, and other enterprise
- Other duties as assigned.
% of Time
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT or equivalent degree program, preferred.
Combination of education and experience to meet the essential functions of the job.
Advanced education and/or certifications related to the functions of this position may also be considered in place of experience.
- Strong understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) and relational databases.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with end-users to document complex requirements.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently with limited supervision, and possess a strong attention to detail.
Type of experience Needed
Amount of Experience Needed (Months/Years)
Over 1 Year, up to 2 years
Open Until Filled
This is a full-time, benefits eligible, non-classified position with a salary commensurate with relevant experience.
Concord University offers an excellent benefits package which includes comprehensive health, retirement, and insurance plans as well as generous amounts of vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
This position may have the option to work remotely after successful completion of an on-campus probationary period. Must reside in West Virginia to take advantage of this option.
Preferred experience: Working with Ellucian Banner, Degree Works, SQL*Plus, and TOAD or SQL Developer
o Creating queries and reports using Argos, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools
o Developing Oracle SQL, PL/SQL packages, functions, or procedures
o Working with Microsoft Teams, Slack, or other collaboration software
- Understanding of higher education business processes and best practices.
Concord has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity and in that spirit seeks a broad representation of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Interested applicants should apply at https://jobs.concord.edu. Applicants should upload: (1) a cover letter, (2) current resume, (3) unofficial transcripts, and (4) a list of three individuals with contact information to serve as professional references. Contact information should include the reference’s name, email address and phone number(s).
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Quick Link to Posting
Job Type: Full-time