Plant Utilities Engineer
At Knowles Precision Devices we make Multilayer, High Reliability, Single Layer and Precision Variable Capacitors, EMI Filters and Thin Film Devices. Our business was formed by combining Dielectric Laboratories, Novacap, Syfer and Voltronics, each well-established specialty capacitor makers with a combined history of over 175 years, into a single organization. Our expertise is the design and manufacture of components important to engineers in applications where function and reliability are key. The markets we serve include medical implantable and medical equipment, military, aerospace/avionics, EMI and connector filtering, oil exploration, instrumentation, industrial electronics, optical networks, telecom and automotive.
We aim to be a leader in every market we serve, to the benefit of our customers and our mutual long-term success. We achieve this by:
- Understanding our customers’ real needs and providing products and services to meet and exceed them.
- Providing better products and services than competitors.
- Investing in product development, manufacturing processes and people.
- Insisting on the highest ethical standards and a business culture of trust, respect and open communication.
Overview: This position is responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing facility support equipment. This position is based out of the Cazenovia, NY facility.
Reporting Structure: This position reports to the Facilities Supervisor.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Operates, inspects, and controls HVAC. This includes water source heat pump, natural gas boilers, RTUs, water chillers, cooling towers, and humidifiers.
- Operates, inspects, and controls the reverse osmosis, deionized, process, and various water systems in the plant.
- Operates, inspects, and controls mechanical, electrical, and production equipment and systems in the plant.
- Assures that equipment is being maintained in an energy efficient, safe manner and down time is reduced to a minimum.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance with state, county, and city ordinances, codes, and laws.
- Utilize CMMS system Upkeep for work orders and record keeping in real time.
- Attend work and safety meetings as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of building automation, system controls, HVAC/R and boilers, including Carrier ComfortVIEW and Carrier iVu.
- General knowledge of industry maintenance and repair practices.
- Ability to work independently and plan work without direct supervision.
- Frequent climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, stooping, and working/extending overhead.
- Available for call-in work.
- HVAC certification a plus.
- Proficient computer skills.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restriction to ITAR documentation and materials.
- Must be a US citizen, legal permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Statement. Knowles Precision Devices prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement