Job Requirements for Project Engineer:
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Designing, evaluating, and modifying food service equipment or components.
· Determines design approaches and parameters of product.
· Analyzes specific requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
· Conducts experimental tests and evaluate results.
· Selects components based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
· Review vendor capability to support development of product.
· Reliability as demonstrated through attendance and self-motivation.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
· Minimum BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
· Minimum of five years professional design experience in manufacturing and development of products; commercial food service industry experience is desired.
· Ability to deliver products from initial design specification to final production in a timely and effective manner, using creativity to overcome resource limitations.
· Proficient knowledge of sheet metal design, combustion science/burner design, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, materials sciences, and manufacturing processes.
· Management and organizational skills in coordinating complex projects involving multiple departments and competing demands.
· Leader and motivator with a high level of respect among staff and colleagues by setting an example of professionalism, integrity, and dedication to excellence.
· Hands on experience and proven record of on-time project completion. Provide portfolio.
· Commitment to maintenance of a clean, organized and safe work environment
Areas of Experience:
Engineering Project Management:
· Planning and Scheduling
· Resource Management
· Financial Analysis/Budgeting/Costing
· Sales/Marketing Support
· Technical Presentations
· Team Leadership/Motivation
· Product Specification
· Agency certification (UL, ANSI, AGA, NSF, ASTM Testing Methods)
· SolidWorks, MS Project or similar
· Microsoft Office
· Data acquisition programs
· INFOR business system knowledge is a plus
· Mechanical System Design
· Sheet Metal Design
· Gas Burner System Design
· Manufacturing Process
· Purchasing Coordination
· Custom Modifications
· Steam equipment design
· Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
Above job description is general and management may assign other duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Blodgett is following CDC guidelines and not visitors are allowed in building without prior approval.
- How many years of experience in sheet metal design?
- Do you have experience with SolidWorks?
- Professional design: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location