Systems Engineer / Programmer - Arlington, VA Department of Defense Contracting Firm
Opportunity to join a Dynamic Company!
We are a Telecommunications Technology Consulting and Management Services firm serving our DoD customers in Arlington, VA. We promote a culture of operational excellence while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We are in search of an experienced Systems Programmer / Engineer to complement our IT team and are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who shares our commitment to excellence in meeting the needs of our DoD clients. We offer a friendly customer-focused environment with competitive compensation and a robust benefits package in a team-oriented and casual atmosphere. If you desire to work in an environment where you are valued, appreciated and supported by senior management, apply today to join our team.
The Engineer is responsible for Server Administration on a geo-diverse platform and must have the experience and ability to customize scripts involved with configuring the telephony platform including designing tools to increase and test the system capabilities. Employee will also work on unique and interesting advanced projects and provide cutover support, application troubleshooting/triage, and follow-up support as required
- Operate or assist in a server administration role, establish and perform routine preventative maintenance tasks. Enforce security guidelines to maintain PCI compliance. Review, test and apply hardware firmware and OS patches.
- Perform emergency recovery on failed components and coordinate repair with vendor software and hardware support as needed.
- Deployment and commissioning of new physical and virtual RHEL server nodes and other IMS components to support Peerless’ services.
- Regression test and deploy major and minor software releases to IMS network components.
- Assist operations staff in resolving customer trouble tickets and network issues that are outside of their troubleshooting scope.
- Perform Interoperability and acceptance testing directly with suppliers.
- Document network architecture and methods of procedure for regularly performed tasks.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Able to triage, diagnose and repair hardware and software faults.
- Strong enterprise server background with administrative experience in Linux and virtualization technologies.
- Strong technical background of TCP/IP and Network Security related protocols such as DNS, FTP, GRE, HTTP, ICMP, IMAP, IPSec, IPv4, IPv6, NTP, RADIUS, RTP, SRTP, SNMP, SMTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, XML, WAP, NAT, VLAN.
- Interoperability experience with the following protocols/technologies;
Ø SIP applications
Ø MySQL database experience a plus
- Installation and maintenance experience with enterprise server hardware, copper, and fiber Ethernet
- Experience with scripting and automation (Perl, Python, CURL, etc.)
- 5 years relevant training / knowledge / experience
- Secret Security Clearance
· Will need to be able to obtain or have a Security+ Certification
We continually strive to create an environment that balances work with life and offer benefits that enhance the compensation package. We offer a competitive salary, and Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, liberal Paid Time Off rates (including Personal Leave), Holidays and maternity/paternity programs. Additionally, the company provides a 401(k) plan with company contribution. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $102,500.00 to $145,000.00 /year
- Server Administration: 5 years (Required)
- Network: 5 years (Required)
- Programming / Scripting / Perl: 3 years (Required)
- Security Clearance TS / SS (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture