XALT Energy is a leading developer and manufacturer of prismatic, large-format lithium ion battery cells and associated modules & packs.
Utilizing its state-of-the-art production operations, proven technology and talented human capital, XALT Energy delivers practical, cost effective and well-engineered energy storage and usage solutions to its global customers in marine, commercial transportation, stationary power storage and defense industries.
Based in Midland, Michigan, XALT Energy continues to expand its knowledge and expertise to explore and evaluate next generation lithium ion battery technology and engineered solutions for current and future applications.
If you value creativity, entrepreneurship and operational excellence, we encourage you to consider XALT Energy as your career path.
Position Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Reports To: Manager of Software Engineering
Status: Regular Full-time
Location: Pontiac, MI
The Embedded Software Engineer will design, develop, and validate Battery Management System software for transportation and industrial applications. The Embedded Software Engineer shall ensure all software development projects and initiatives are in conformance with organization's policies and objectives. The Embedded Software Engineer is expected to demonstrate working expertise in software design & development for embedded systems.
- Develop embedded software for BMS applications to meet cost, timing, and performance targets and review, approve, or modify production software designs.
- Ensure code and artifacts are maintained to guidelines and participate in and lead code reviews.
- Adhere to software engineering processes to support efficient and effective high quality embedded software.
- Support the development and maturation of the SW Toolchain.
Additional Support Responsibilities
- Work with Program Managers to rigorously enforce Change Management discipline after Design Freeze to ensure BMS software reflects and complies with the appropriate revision levels of the product specifications.
- Proactively support design validation teams in test plan reviews to ensure testing strategies and methods truly stress and verify design compliance and safety.
- Drive fast and thorough problem resolution through use of team-oriented problem solving tools, including 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, Is-IsNot techniques.
- B.S. in Electrical, Electronics, Software or Controls Engineering (M.S. preferred).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in design and development of automotive quality embedded controller (Freescale / NXP processors Power Architecture preferred).
- Exposure to Automotive Standards and Processes (CMMI / V-Model / ASPICE / ISO26262 / etc.)
- Proficient in Model Based SW Design (MATLAB/SIMULINK/STATEFLOW)
- Exposure to embedded RTOS (e.g. SafeRTOS)
- Experience with Vector Family of CAN tools (CANalyzer/CANoe/CANape) including CAN Database and CAPL development
- Competent in supporting software languages (pearl, python, .NET, Visual Basic, etc.).
- Proficient in working with requirement management systems (e.g. DOORs) as well as generating/gleaning Software Requirements from higher level requirements (e.g. System Requirements).
- Experience in taking designs from concept, to requirements, to code, to test, to production implementation.
- Experience with hands on Development and Laboratory equipment (function generators, logic analyzers, Debugging modules, advanced oscilloscopes.
- Experience with use of and continued development of the Software Toolchains.
- Experience in developing and executing SW integration and unit level testing and plans.
- Experience with Rapid Prototyping systems, such as dSPACE, etc.
- Basic understanding of PCB schematics and comfortable with basic hardware tasks (soldering components, adding jumpers, harness wiring, etc.).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Builds safety, quality and compliance into all actions; committed to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Takes action and displays behaviors that demonstrate ownership in the success of the company. Demonstrates focus on meeting both internal and external customer needs when identifying, prioritizing and accomplishing tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to build and lead teams to reach desired outcomes. Evaluates existing work processes and initiates practices to promote continuous improvement.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills – position requires strong interaction in multi-functional team environment.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.
XALT Energy offers competitive salary and benefits to include:
- Choice of three health plans, vision, dental and life insurance; ancillary benefits; 401(k); company paid holidays and paid time off.
- The salary range commensurate with education and experience.
Must successfully complete a background check, a drug screen and a physical.
EOE including Disabled and Vets / VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- c++: 3 years (Preferred)