Solids Control Technician
- Overseeing the mechanical processes which are used to provide enhanced drilling properties and recycle drilling mud through closed loop systems
- Operate solids control equipment, including centrifuges, drying shakers and vertical dryers, according to specifications directed by the Mud Engineer or Drilling Supervisor
- Travel to rig site locations for setting-up, monitoring, maintaining and demobilizing solids control equipment and completing all required paperwork
- Perform pre and post job equipment inspections, perform and complete preventive maintenance procedures and operate centrifuges and support equipment.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance and inspection reports
- Assemble and prepare equipment for installation and service and perform initial set-up for next job
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures
- Ability to react based on Customer needs and Safe Work Practices
- Critical paperwork issues for Safety, Billing, Quality Assurance and Inventory Control
- Dealing with varied personalities of crew, customers and other site personnel
- 1+ years of Solids Control training and/or relevant experience is preferred
- Minimum 30 days Rig time as Operator Trainee, Solids Control or equivalent experience.
- Thorough understanding of Solids Control and closed-loop systems is required
- Knowledge of oilfield practices and procedures
- Applicants must possess a valid Driver’s License; CDL preferred
- A motor vehicle record that meets fleet insurance requirements
- Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel id preferred and general knowledge of DOR, JSA & BBS
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Able to pass background, physical and drug screen
- Able to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule, long work days, and/or irregular work hours, be on-call with short notice and exposed to extreme weather conditions
- Sound organization and time management skills
- Maintains effective working relationship with other employees
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent education
ProSource USA prides itself on finding the right fit for short term to medium term work solutions. Our pairing of top-notch people and employers provides opportunity for growth, retention and empowerment. Our company is intimately familiar with the Oil and Gas Industry and has the ability to work with employers outside the industry.
PROsource USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Job Type: Contract
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)