Consider an internship with a thriving, international organization that employs over 11,000 people in 140 countries worldwide. For over 100 years, CLAAS has contributed to feeding the world. The Company embraces the latest technology and invests in the development of our employees.
The internship will begin in May 2020 and will end in August 2020. Internship positions will be based at the CLAAS North America Headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska.
The Manufacturing Engineer Intern is responsible for supporting time study, assembly improvement, engineering change, facility planning, cost justifications, and logistic processes related to the manufacturing of CLAAS agricultural equipment.
Main Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Performs detailed time studies to support assembly of CLAAS equipment.
- Assists in creation of Standard Work Instructions.
- Analyzes, plans, and justifies future assembly operations.
- Plans, organizes, and implements approved logistical processes.
- Provides technical support for COL assembly personnel.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Implementation of CLAAS companywide goals.
- Supports design of assembly fixtures and lifting devices.
- SAP process development.
- Plans and implements efficiency improvement projects.
- Supports supplier operations.
- Other tasks as assigned or required by management.
- Creates plant layouts utilizing AutoCad as needed.
- Study in the field of Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering, or related field preferred, or equivalent.
- Strong project Management skills.
- Ability to carry out detailed analysis using Excel.
- Farm background and experience working with external vendors desirable.
- Excellent problem analysis and problem solving skill set.
- Data experience: Standards and prints.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.