Immediate Opening: Injection Molding Machine Operator (Entry Level)
Cambridge Security Seals seeks an entry-level Machine Operator with an interest in injection molding and automated manufacturing. This is a full time, non -exempt hourly role paid weekly. This is an immediate opening at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Pomona, NY.
The primary focus of this position will be to support our growing manufacturing needs
This is a unique entry level opportunity for the right candidate seeking to learn to contribute in a manufacturing team environment and join a rapidly growing company with best-in-class products and a culture of continuous improvement. At CSS, our Machine Operators contribute to a wide variety of products across many aspects of manufacturing, quality, and operations.
Our ideal candidate is hard-working, with a mechanical aptitude and an eye for quality. This person should also be a team player with strong communication skills and driven to succeed. Some experience is certainly advantageous, but not essential, as our in-house training will provide the tools necessary for the right candidate to achieve success. This is a position with growth opportunity within the organization. We need leaders and technically proficient persons at the next levels for our growth and believe in promoting from within our organization.
Mechanical Engineer (Entry Level) Responsibilities
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Tending to injection molding machines and automated assembly and production lines which include ultrasonic and spin welding, laser and hot stamp marking and other automated inspection and packaging processes and the products they produce.
· Production documentation including accurate part count and scrap reporting.
· Assist with Set-up of machine, automation lines and materials handling.
· Product packaging both manual and automated.
· Quality inspections and documentation.
· Maintaining a clean and well-organized work area.
· Assist Shift Supervisor with any or all duties required or assigned to maintain production.
· Assist in troubleshooting by reporting quality or mechanical issues and effectively communicate those issues.
· Review part prints and ensure material and part conformance and product specifications and associated in process inspections are complete.
· Gradually increased involvement in developing machine processing skills, positioning for advancement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A high school education, Diploma, with an interest in manufacturing.
- A performance-driven, team-oriented and client-focused attitude/demeanor.
- Good written/verbal communication skills and an impressive work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A strong mechanical/technical aptitude or background with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions in English.
- Must be able to work standing for an entire shift with frequent lifting up to 25 pounds.
- The ability to work productively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must be reliable and on time.
- Must pass our mandatory drug screening.
This is a manufacturing-facility-based position in Rockland County. You must presently live in or have a reasonable daily commute to the Rockland County area. In addition, you must pass initial and random drug testing.
Compensation and Benefits
- Stable, positive work environment
- Starting hourly rate based on your shift and experience.
- Participation in our company’s benefits plan (upon eligibility).
- Participation in our company’s 401K plan (upon eligibility).
- Paid vacation and personal days (upon eligibility).
About Cambridge Security Seals
Cambridge Security Seals is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Pomona, New York. CSS is one of the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of tamper-evident, tamper-resistant, and high-security loss prevention seals, track-and-trace devices, and allied products to meet the growing needs of customers across a wide range of industries.
Our team of manufacturing operator specialists, engineers, operations professionals work as a cohesive unit to address all the challenges across an extremely wide scope of applications faced by our diverse customer base across industries ranging from Airlines, Transportation & Logistics to Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Nuclear, Medical, and Fire Safety. Using cutting-edge production technologies and tapping into cross-industry development resources, we collaborate to develop innovative solutions that uniquely position our company to provide safe and secure tamper-proof and tamper-evident products to support the demands of a rapidly changing world.
You may also apply in person at our facility 08:00-16:00 M-F
One Cambridge Plaza Pomona, NY 10970
Cambridge Security Seals is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.50 /hour
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- maintaining: 1 year (Preferred)
- manufacturing engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- injection molding: 1 year (Preferred)
- plastic injection molding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required