R&D Molders, a Lomont Molding LLC Company, an innovative custom plastics manufacturer is looking to expand its engineering team. The group is adding a Senior Blow Mold Engineer that can drive a high level of customer support by delivering exceptional products with the highest level of quality and service.
Purpose and Objective: The Senior Blow Mold Engineer will provide the expertise and support on all new and existing molding programs within the facility. This position is a key member of team and will not only improve current processes, but implement any new processes, troubleshoot, document, and provide continuous improvement.
Working Relationships: Works with all members and departments within R&D Molders, A Lomont Molding LLC, (Management members, operations, Human Resource, Production, Maintenance, Quality, and other supported departments within). This position will report to Executive Team and/or Management, will support all engineering functions and projects to ensure success within the organization.
· Coach, guide and provide direction and development activities that improve, modify or design new equipment and processes.
· Participate in review meetings that pertain to design, modifications and evaluate of parts and mold design.
· Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data, and analysis.
· Responsible for the mold validation process, which includes set-up, troubleshooting and monitoring processes.
· Work as a team by collaborating with Quality, Maintenance and Production to identify and find solutions to correct any product related issues.
· Provide support to the tooling department and be able to work with team to change control systems when needed for designs, specifications, and standards established by the engineering team.
· Will provide support and drive a high level of customer relationships by taking a proactive approach on the expectations.
· Works with vendors to determine any specification and arrangements for purchases of equipment, parts, and materials.
· Continuous improvement: Be an active member in interdepartmental projects that are critical for production related activities that require continuous improvement.
· Assist in guiding, coaching, mentoring and participations with department positions such as Process Technicians, Mold Technicians and other positions that will improve machine efficiency and set up techniques as needed.
· Collaborate and work with other departments to resolve technical tooling, process issues associated with existing and new tooling.
· Be proactive and a high-level problem solver on machine issues, while gathering data and analyze to continuously improve efficiencies with molding operations.
· Be a high-level problem solver on machine issues by monitoring statistical data, making improvements as needed in molding operations.
- Assist in training for assembly team members, team leaders and group leaders on process changes and /or implementation process.
- Contribute and development of SOP’S (Standard Operating Procedures for process control and setup
- Provide support for team by mentoring, training, and development.
- Demonstrate leadership and involvement in meetings and other team projects.
Education and Experience Summary:
- Four-year from and accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, and/or related field.
- Minimum of (10+) years plastics processing and/or injection or blow molding experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of plastic mold and part design
- Technical knowledge of printed materials and constructions or equivalent of experience and education
- Experience working with MS office tools, CAD, and statistical process control methods.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Knowledge of KPI goals and performance and have the ability to demonstrate, practice and communicate within the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Excellent communication and record-keeping skills.
- Organizational, presentation and customer service skills.
- Investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks with dynamic priorities.
- Detail oriented with exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, and principles of statistical data analysis, and Continuous Improvement Methodologies and implementation
- Ability to plan, schedule project goals, milestones, and deliverables.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Ability to work in various settings, including noise.
· Manufacturing Environment with molds, machines, forklifts, etc.
· Office setting for part of the day.
· Ensuring equipment and systems meet all applicable safety, regulatory and environmental requirements.
Hours and Travel:
- This is a salaried full-time position with an expectation of 40-50 hours per week, unless agreed upon otherwise.
- 20-30% travel may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing: 10 years (Preferred)
- Plastics blow molding: 10 years (Preferred)
- Plastics injection molding: 10 years (Preferred)