The Supplier Quality Engineer is the technical liaison between purchasing, product engineering, internal manufacturing/assembly, and our supply base. The SQE should have a proven track record of involvement with new project launches utilizing processes such as; advanced product quality planning, failure mode and effect analysis, control plans and production part approval process submissions, as well as experience in conducting process and product audits, participating in product/process improvement teams and leading corrective/preventive action teams. The SQE should have manufacturing experience and knowledge of various processes such as: machining, fabrication, metal forming, casting, plating/powder coating/painting, etc. The SQE will work with the suppliers to resolve supplier manufacturing issues, implement and monitor advanced quality planning systems and maintain the supplier performance system.
- Create supplier development plans, perform supplier audits, implement closed loop corrective actions and generate quality metrics and reports in support of supplier management program.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems and conduct technical/quality system assessments and related systemic audits of potential new/current suppliers.
- Plan, design and deploy quality assurance continuous improvements with suppliers and contract manufacturers. Develop/up-date/enforce process documents such as, but not limited to, work instructions, first article inspection, control plans.
- Assure supplier understanding and compliance of requirements. Implement and monitor supplier part qualification and certification process. Provide technical assistance during supplier launch, change over and ongoing production activities.
Develop supplier early involvement in launch programs.
- Implementation of problem solving activities and quality process improvement (root cause analysis, error proofing, containment and corrective action, 5 why, fishbone, etc.) including enforcement of corrective action plans.
- Detailed reporting and tracking documents, to provide up to date status to team members.
- Support the plant activities where required and involvement in escalation of quality issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, with a specialization in Quality or Manufacturing or equivalence is preferred. However, relevant experience and time in the Quality field, may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3 -5 years of supplier quality/manufacturing engineering experience
- Project management skills required with demonstrated expertise in investigating complex quality problems and applying sound technical judgement to develop possible solutions within short period.
- Working knowledge of quality management system standards, specifically ISO 9001
- Prior experience launching containment activities
- Should possess: skills and ability to organize and conduct effective cross-functional team meetings. Critical thinking focused on prevention. Ability to effectively lead root cause analysis and continuous improvement efforts. Ability to travel US and Internationally
- Presentation skills including utilization of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs
Other Notable Skills Considered To Be A Plus
- Supplier quality improvement processes.
- Six Sigma certification.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts.
- SPC knowledge.
- Gauge calibration knowledge.
- ISO auditor experience.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment