Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Reports To: Electrical Engineering Manager
Location: Akron, Ohio
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for gathering and analyzing technical data used to prepare basic electrical engineering designs for client projects including: Power, Lighting & Electrical Distribution, Electrical One-Line Drawings, Electrical Load Studies, Protective Relaying, Arc Flash Studies, Power Equipment List (Transformers, Switchgear, Motors, UPS etc.), Area Classification, and other Electrical Drawings (Schematics, Heat Trace, etc.). This individual is expected to fulfill the requirements of the position and understands that the design process includes visiting clients’ facilities where they may be expected to perform physical work.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to accomplish each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Responsible for Engineering Calculations and Plan Development
· Leads other Designers and Engineers on a Project Team, maintaining effective communication with project team members, other departments, suppliers and clients
· Collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations
· Specifies power system equipment, switchgear, unit substations, motor control centers, drive systems, grounding systems, and lighting systems
· Create electrical load studies, control schematics, and electrical engineering details
· Utilizes computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
· Assists in field work by directing and coordinating operation, checking installations, problem solving, maintenance and repair of equipment and systems
· Serves as a Project Lead for single discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staff recommendations, and checking drawings
· Maintains compliance with all Chemstress policies, procedures, and standards
· Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
· Accepts other duties as assigned
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET Accredited University is required, PE preferred
· Field experience
· Ten (10) or more years working in one or more of the following service areas: Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Polymers, Utility, Energy, and Manufacturing
· Knowledgeable in protective relaying and short circuit studies, lighting systems, power systems equipment specifications, NFPA 30, NEC or NFPA 70, applicable building codes, arc flash, hazardous area classifications for process industries, and wiring practices
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Revit, and AutoCAD (3D preferred), EasyPower or similar modeling software.
· Experience with P & ID’s, PFD’s, loop diagrams, installation details, conduit and cable schedules
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
· Authorize a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history, and educational background
· Submit to a drug test post offer
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Accepts that this position may require some domestic overnight travel
Chemstress is an equal opportunity employer. The Company will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to age (40 or older), color, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, transgender or transitioning status, and gender identity), veteran status, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Our policy reflects and affirms the Company’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
- Electrical Engineering: 10 years (Preferred)