WASHINGTON, DC - REMOTE FLEXIBILITY /
DATA SCIENCE /
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we're excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: * We are looking for an Associate Data Engineer to transform millions of data points into unparalleled opportunities – supporting everything from electing Democrats to combating climate change throughout the world. With us, you’ll put your skills to use for disruptive innovation that powers social good.
You’ll join a product team that is deeply devoted to inclusion, particularly in the following three areas:
Process: We create a context in which everyone is empowered to contribute.
Machine Learning: We are committed to identifying and removing bias from our algorithms.
Philanthropy: We empower diverse groups of individuals to participate in giving.
With us, you’ll put your skills to use for innovation that powers social good. We want your ideas and your leadership. Join us. Let’s go!
You will be responsible for:
- Joining each and every one of your colleagues in creating an inclusive workspace;
- Building data-intensive applications to extract, transform, and load massive data sets from a variety of internal, external, and public data sources;
- Assembling large and complex data sets that meet project needs;
- Developing processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production;
- Using an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems;
- Working toward constantly improving data reliability and quality;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support their data infrastructure needs.
- Experience with one or more key data analytics tools: (Pandas, PySpark)
- Experience extracting data from public APIs;
- Ability to learn how to build and optimize data pipelines, architectures, and data sets;
- Experience with SQL;
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate on ways to solve data management issues;
- Passion, energy, and excitement for progressive and philanthropic causes and all things digital.
- 1-3 years of professional experience;
- Experience building data-intensive applications that collect data from diverse sources in the service of creating high-performance algorithms and predictive models;
- Experience with deep-learning models;
- Experience managing data warehouses and/or data lakes;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Salary range for this role is $55,000 to $75,000 per year, depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year