From our inception, Invotec, Inc. has designed, developed, and built assembly and test machines for manufacturing customers in a variety of industries. Today, we are a full-service, specialty machine builder—engineering, designing, developing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing custom application assembly and test equipment. Our mission is to partner with customers as a premier provider of innovative, well-engineered manufacturing systems and solutions to enhance their competitive advantage.
The basic function of the Applications Engineer is to support the business development team by providing technical input and documentation control to customer inquiries, cost estimates, and customer quotations.
And because this position plays a significant role in the achievement of sales goals and objectives, additional duties include visiting customers, performing the initial development of projects, tracking quotation cost performance, and maintaining positive customer relationships.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education: Bachelor’s degree with concentration in engineering or equivalent
Experience: At least five years of professional experience in applications engineering with three years of experience in estimating, project management, or sales administration in a technical industry
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of what it takes to make the parts our target market produces
- An understanding of the capabilities and benefits of the company’s products—and the ability to effectively communicate those benefits to customers
- Computer literacy with the ability to operate the company’s applicable systems
- The ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the company
- A willingness and ability to work against and meet strict deadlines
- Proficiency in mathematics to understand and perform complex processes related to cost analysis and price quotation development
- Excellent organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- A disciplined, goal-oriented personality with the creativity to provide and work with new ideas and approaches to design and processes
- A strong, proven background in all facets of design engineering
- The ability to consistently identify new operational opportunities and develop personal strategies for improving efficiency and productivity
- Strong communication skills—both written and verbal
- Competency in computer and office equipment with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment while managing individual duties effectively
- Valid driver’s license with driving record of acceptable risk as defined by Invotec’s insurance company
- Strong multitasking capabilities
- A commitment to integrity, ethical and economical practices, and the organization’s mission
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES
The principal duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Collaborating with the engineering team, Project Managers, and the Director of Business Development to research and develop concepts and proposals relative to specific customer requests.
- Developing and implementing methods to monitor and measure the performance of proposals and quotations against actual project performance plan—reporting results to the Director of Engineering on a monthly basis.
- Responding to all proposal inquiries in a timely manner as requested.
- Developing and maintaining a record of proposal inquiries to ensure timely and appropriate response to customers.
- Working with customers to ensure that prospective requirements are well understood to ensure effective and pertinent quotes.
- Coordinating the customer proposal process, ensuring that quotes are presented accurately and in a timely manner.
- Supporting project kick-off meetings by ensuring all required project information is collected and communicated to the project team providing a thorough understanding of the project scope.
- Actively participating in proposal review meetings with the assigned Project Manager and Engineers to ensure clear communication of the customer’s requirements and the commitments made by the company.
- Working with the entire business development team to coordinate the company’s participation at trade shows and in advertising media, ensuring that the company presents a strong and consistent message.
- Maintaining an awareness of the competition including their strengths, weaknesses, sales and marketing methods, and philosophies—maintaining a “competitor’s library” of all intelligence gathered.
- Actively participating in the creative exchange of ideas to enhance the company’s research and development efforts—developing an ongoing awareness of new technologies and trends in the marketplace that may be useful in solving customer problems.
- Ensuring that regular and open communication takes place with other functional departments regarding the coordination and planning for both active and future customers.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
As a member of Invotec, Inc., applicants must be able to interact safely in a manufacturing environment. This includes:
- Full body mobility with the ability to bend, stoop, climb, and lift or move 25 lbs of weight.
- The ability to walk within restricted areas of the company manufacturing plant.
- Professional conduct in regards to hygiene and dress.
- The ability to read and prepare business documents as well as conduct business over the telephone in a sometimes loud environment.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating / Quoting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)