Located just outside Boston (Newton, MA), Vector Controls is a leading developer of marine propulsion and controls systems. Our technologies enable safe and reliable control of marine vessels under the strictest requirements, in the most severe operating and maneuvering conditions.
We specialize in extreme applications that require novel concepts to meet performance goals previously unachievable. Vector Controls has a strong track record for delivering innovative products that make a difference and add substantial value on behalf of customers and end-users. Navies, coast guards and leading builders around the world trust Vector for delivering propulsion control solutions.
We are a small tight-knit group with an ambitious start-up mentality and the resources of a well-established company, where an individual’s ability to work both independently and in teams is a key component of our success. At Vector Controls, personal and technical growth are strongly encouraged. We are currently seeking a motivated Electronics Engineer for a permanent full-time position.
The candidate will be responsible for product design and development activities including electrical circuit design and testing of embedded control applications.
· Schematic-level circuit board design
· Electronic component selection, prototyping, implementation and verification testing of electronic subsystems and product sub-assemblies
· Prototype test devices and modify components as necessary (incl. soldering), considering design for test
· Document test results and drive improvements into design revisions
· Cross-functional collaboration with electrical, systems, software, and mechanical engineering teams
· Participate in development processes, including requirements and design reviews
· Circuit/system troubleshooting and root-cause failure analysis, proposing solutions and resolving issues in prototype and legacy designs
· A degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering (or related field) in addition to 3+ years of relevant industrial experience.
· Experience with developing test and validation requirements
· Basic electrical and mechanical fabrication skills
· Familiarity with board bring-up, power electronics, and thermal management
Experience with any combination of the following skills is desired:
· Experience with signal integrity and protocol analysis
· Experience using PCB design suites such as Autodesk Eagle, Cadence OrCAD, or Altium Designer.
· Knowledge of the PCB manufacturing processes and designing for manufacturability
· Experience with EMI/EMC
· Familiarity with reading and interpreting ISO, IEEE, IEC standards
· Industry communication protocols (e.g., CAN / J1939 / NMEA 2000, RS232, Modbus)
· Common embedded buses (e.g., RS232, SPI, I2C, 1-Wire)
· Standard tools for hardware debugging
No employment agencies or phone calls
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
This Company Describes Its Culture as: