The DM Mechanical Design Engineer will participate in the detailed design of the Payload Support structure on a flight vehicle in the Strategic Missiles Business Line. The position requires expertise in the application Experience in Mechanical Design with demonstrated skills using Unigraphics (UG) NX (version 7.5 or greater) and strong understanding of ANSI Y14.5 dimensioning and tolerancing, military standards and specifications, manufacturing and assembly processes and ability to prepare and/or direct high quality mechanical and electro-mechanical detail and assembly drawings primarily for military applications. Experience transitioning product design to production and test with demonstrated experience with bulk and precision machining of Aluminum forgings, welding and shape control, and design of high stiffness low weight structural aerospace assembly. Design results will be summarized in detailed design reports and presentations.
- Mechanical Engineer, minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Candidate will be member of a team responsible for the development and design integration of mechanical systems primarily for military and aerospace applications.
- Demonstrated skills using Unigraphics (UG) NX (version 7.5 or greater) a must
- Good understanding of the following areas: ANSI Y14.5 dimensioning and tolerancing, military standards and specifications, manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Ability to prepare and/or direct high quality mechanical and electro-mechanical detail and assembly drawings primarily for military applications.
- Experience in creating and transitioning product design to production and test.
- Demonstrated experience with bulk and precision machining of Aluminum forgings, welding and shape control, and design of high stiffness low weight structural aerospace assembly joints.
- Proficiency in writing skills and with aptitude for both technical and proposal styles.
- Strong verbal communication skills are important.
- Security clearance is required at Secret Level.
BS in Mechanical Engineering or Higher degree
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Job Field Engineering
Primary Location US-Massachusetts-Wilmington
Recruiting Company Textron Systems
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Job Posting 06/01/2020, 10:09:52 AM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.