The JUNIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER must have basic programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones. This person will be a member of a high impact engineering team focused on ensuring system consistency and improving user experience. The Software engineer will develop and maintain functional and stable web and embedded applications.
- Participate in application coding and debugging.
- Write clean code to develop functional web and embedded applications
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Liaise with both internal and external developers.
Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant field experience
- An entry-level engineer with limited exposure to development and development practice who will be provided strong mentoring and support to grow their skills.
- Comprehension to understand algorithms.
- Basic knowledge of Linux or Windows environments, distributed systems, machine learning and the TCP/IP network stack.
- Experience in network programming, developing & designing.
- Hands on experience with programming languages like C, C++, .NET, C# and Python.
- Working knowledge of Version Control (SVN and VSS).
- Propensity to listen and approach new ideas and challenges with an open mind and evaluate situations on the merit of fact and data.
BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant field experience
The Wittern Group offers an exciting career opportunity with competitive pay and benefits, including medical, dental, prescription, voluntary life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability options.
At The Wittern Group, we are committed to diversity, as part of this commitment The Wittern Group is an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity (AA/EEO) employer. We are proud to offer a dynamic work environment with competitive pay and benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused