Are you prepared to take your career to new heights?
Do you have both an analytical and creative mindset and the ability to navigate changing priorities?
Are you a well-organized, self-starter able to take direction and works well both independently and in a team environment? Choose Space!
Space is not a place to go – space is a place to do! Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Because space is a place to do big, important, epic things that connect people around the world, advance the frontiers of science, and help militaries protect what matters most. Lockheed Martin builds the technology that gets things done in space. Exploring the solar system. Predicting the weather. Delivering precise GPS. Detecting and defeating missile launches. At Lockheed Martin, we don’t just think big thoughts. We get things done. So become a Lockheed Martin Space Systems Engineer. You are meant to benefit humanity.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
In this systems engineering role, you will join a dedicated and high performing group of Systems Engineers, with your focus on analyzing and optimizing mission parameters, capabilities, and operations.
As a Systems Engineer in a Technical Advisor (TA) role, you will:
- Be an active member of a dynamic Operations Engineering Team supporting global missions and working on global systems
- Develop new and utilize existing software tools to extract/interpret data and perform trending analysis on system hardware and software
- Work to resolve unexpected software/hardware issues with a team of experts
- Collaborate on subsystem related issues and coordinate with numerous program teams
- Participate working groups and make presentations/recommendations to customers and the leadership team on detailed technical aspects of the system
- Be on-call 24/7 on a rotational basis
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Ability to develop effective customer relationships and work within technical team
- Ability to learn and troubleshoot complex systems
- Basic working experience in UNIX/LINUX operating system
- Active TS/SCI clearance with adjudicated CI polygraph required to start
Bachelors degree, equivalent experience or combination of degree and experience required
- Previous experience with a customer base on a program for complex subsystems, software development, and issue resolution
- Experience in conducting technical investigations and providing results to leadership team
- Developed organizational and communication skills
- Developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Enjoys working in a team environment and collaborating with people in different functions.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment • Basic programming in an advanced language (MATLAB, PERL, PYTHON, C++, etc)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.