Atlantic Wallboard is part of the Construction and Equipment Division with the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies. Atlantic Wallboard is a highly automated, state of the art gypsum manufacturing facility which provides a broad range of gypsum wallboard products for use in the construction industry.
The Construction and Equipment Division, a part of the J.D. Irving, Limited’s group of companies, is a key player in the North American construction industry. Our core businesses are Irving Equipment, Gulf Operators, CFM, Irving Wallboard, and Kent Homes and the group provides heavy equipment and crane services, civil construction, modular home and commercial buildings, gypsum manufacturing, machining, technical services, repair and overhaul to its customers.
We provide a solid foundation for you to build your career within a dynamic company and division, offering personal and professional growth through training and development, mentorship, and challenge to ensure your success as a leader within our company.
We are currently looking for a highly energetic and motivated individual to join our talent pipeline and team as a PROJECT AND FACILITIES ENGINEER. In this role, you will be encouraged to offer new and innovative ideas that drive improvement and achieve results. You will also be a key player on a high performing team that works together to ensure that business objectives are met and exceeded.
What You’ll Do:
What You’ll Need:
- - Plan and schedule all facility maintenance work
- - Plan, cost and execute projects as per maintenance and capital budgets
- - Coordinate contractors for maintenance shuts and project work
- - Safety coach (provide guidance on risk mitigation as needed)
- - Ensure compliance with all environmental, health, and safety policies
- - Prepare job scopes including materials, documentation, work instructions and cost estimates
- - Prepare roofing bid packages
- - Maintain spare part lists for equipment
- - Monitor weekly schedule performance and respond to schedule gaps
- - Maintain weekly and monthly maintenance schedule
- - Coordinate shutdown work
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with industrial experience required
- - Experience with project management, job planning/scheduling, evaluating proposals, working with contractors, and reading engineering drawings. This is a requirement.
- - Shutdown experience will be considered an asset
- - Experience with facilities management/maintenance
- - Knowledge on roofing and cladding systems would be an asset
- - Proficiency in Microsoft Office Project, Excel, Word, and CMMS Software with Work Order Management would be an asset
- - Demonstrated organizational skills
- - Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
- - Strong technical background
- - Quick to learn new systems and processes
- - Commitment to continuous education (MMP)
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.