Date: January 13, 2020
Position Title: Project Engineer or Geologist
Primary Purpose: Under the supervision of the Managing Principal and/or Project Manager, carries out geotechnical and environmental assignments and projects; conducts fieldwork; engineering analysis; prepares reports; and develops proposals for Masa Fujioka & Associates (MFA).
- Manage geotechnical and environmental projects.
- Conduct fieldwork.
- Conduct field investigations; determine laboratory tests to be performed.
- Conduct engineering analyses and design.
- Prepare reports, diagrams, charts, drawings, and specifications.
- Develop proposals and cost estimates.
- Coordinate with sub consultants, clients and contractors; provide customer service, support or liaison between parties; prepare written correspondence; project and workforce scheduling. .
- Indoors, air-conditioned
- Outdoors in all types of weather
Work Hours: Minimum 40 hours per week. May require occasional overtime.
Motor vehicle, geotechnical/environmental related field equipment, and standard office and safety equipment. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required to be worn as appropriate for fieldwork and laboratory environments.
Mental, Physical and Communication Demands:
- Ability to work outside in the field, which requires walking, standing, and lifting and carrying of field equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to travel to different work sites, occasionally in remote areas and/or off-island.
- Requires verbal and written communication skills, and ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Requires mathematical problem solving; reading and understanding contract language, specifications, drawings, diagrams, and other technical documents; and preparing/editing complex and technical written documents.
- Ability to learn software applications
- Requires meeting and communicating with others over the phone and face-to-face.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited degree program, Geology, Geophysics, Environmental Science, or related Science Degree Program.
Minimum 3 years’ of progressively responsible professional experience in engineering or geology related fields, or more than one year of geotechnical engineering work.
- Possessing a valid driver’s license
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US.
- Able to obtain access to U.S. military bases (MFA would coordinate)
Salary Grade and Range: Salary commensurate with experience.
MFA is a locally owned and operated firm that has been providing consulting services throughout Hawai‛i and across the Pacific since 1991. We are centrally located in ‛Aiea on O‛ahu. We provide a full range of geotechnical, hydrogeological, and environmental services. MFA has provided professional services for a wide variety of military and non-military projects. As MFA is a small firm, the Geotechnical Project Engineer or Project Geologist will have the opportunity to be involved in a range of project types, with prospects for advancement.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not intended to be interpreted as comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Job Type: Full-time
- EIT/GIT (Preferred)
- Driver's (Required)