There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- Understands appropriate engineering methods.
- Participates in design/peer reviews
- Is able to follow detailed instructions from leaders or peers
- Utilizes guidance from internal/external customers to meet requirements
- Proficient with the Global Vehicle Development Process
- Stays ahead of current product developments and trends in area of responsibility
- Shares lessons learned with peers and Manager
- Makes recommendations based on work completed.
- Keeps Manager informed of assignment status, timing, and technical issues
- Takes advantage of all learning opportunities.
- Documents work completed.
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities.
- Ensures high quality, on time completion of tasks.
- Independently creates/manages project plans.
- Assists less experienced engineers.
- DFSS Green Belt Certified
- Responsible for keeping NHTSA and other global NCAP documentation up to date with legacy/current product performance results.
- Ability to multitask and must have good organization skills.
2 years of post graduation engineering experience required; 5+ years strongly preferred
Previous experience with NHTSA or Global NCAP regulations and/or documentation
Completed Bachelors Degree in STEM field
Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle
Ability to travel approx. 2 times a year for NHTSA/IIHS test support
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.