Well established Wisconsin based manufacturer of industrial/commercial work surfaces, lockers, caseworks and education furniture is seeking an Engineering Design Manager. This position is responsible for developing, directing and overseeing the activities of the design, drafting and engineering team including Bill of Materials, providing leadership and executing component and assembly mechanical design and analysis activities as well as the drafting/modeling/analysis needed for manufacturing company products. This position will report to the President. Please Note: This position is located in Thorp, WI.
- Supervise team of engineers, drafters, designers and Bill of Material specialists to ensure the team is operating at the highest high level of performance. Manage operations of the team, assigning workload making best use of the team members’ capacity and skill sets.
- Provide phased estimates of all engineering work in process, manage all projects and resolve any problems.
- Review specifications for new product designs as well as customer requested product customization; Check technical accuracy of work by reviewing applications and drawings using best practice design/engineering rules for component dimensions and tolerances against applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Investigate, evaluates and determines appropriate tools, standards and processes for the design, drafting and engineering functions.
- Ensure exceptional quality of all projects, both internal and external
- Establish objectives, set team goals and priorities, and review staff based on established standards for output and quality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Solid leadership and coaching skills
- Sound working knowledge of mechanical product measurement and testing technologies
- Strong Solidworks and Auto Cad knowledge and experience.
- Extensive hands-on ERP/MRP systems experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior experience effectively leading change and implementing improvement plans
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing demands under high peak workloads and deadline pressures
- Solid analytical skills; able to resolve complex technical problems with innovative solutions
- Effective collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of 10 years engineering experience including 5 years managing engineers and technical staff; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership, deep practical engineering knowledge and a proven track record for timely project delivery.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Solidworks software. Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships with employees and customers
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to think independently.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering Management: 5 years (Required)
- Engineering preferably in Manufacturing Environment: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement