We are adding a Construction Project Manager to our growing team!
ABOUT AMERICAN CAPITAL GROUP
Locally founded in 1986, American Capital Group is a fully-integrated real estate development company. Over the last 33 years, our company has developed and built more than 80 multifamily properties across twelve states. We remain an industry leader because we know and internally manage Engineering and Design, Acquisitions, Development, Construction, Property Management, and Asset Management. We strongly value teamwork, integrity, transparency and producing the highest quality product for our investors and customers.
MISSION AND VISION:
At American Capital Group, our mission is to demonstrate excellence in designing, developing, building, and managing real property through teamwork and integrity. Our dedicated professionals provide quality and value for our customers, profitability for our investors, and a lasting contribution to the community.
We are searching for a Construction Project Manager to help lead the production of our multifamily developments. In this role, you will report directly to the Vice President of Construction and other executive team members and ensure that the job is completed on or before the scheduled completion date while staying within or under budget.
- 7+ years’ experience managing large scale multifamily construction projects is required.
- Proficiency in MS Project or similar scheduling software required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook and Excel, is required.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess leadership abilities and be capable of problem-solving.
- Ability to read construction plans and specifications is required.
- Experience with Procore preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- All candidates must be able to speak, write, and understand English to qualify for this position.
(Included but not limited to)
- Quantity take-offs and estimating all labor and materials, including material suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Procure the lowest competitive bids for all aspects of construction of the assigned projects.
- Contact all utilities, city, county, and other appropriate agencies to determine required fees and/or charges for the project.
- Work with scheduling department to establish the project schedule and update the project schedule weekly,
- Develop building by building tower schedules for the entire assigned project and update weekly.
- Supervise the Project Superintendents in scheduling sub-contractors and material deliveries to complete the project.
- Identify problems or potential problems as they relate to the organization of the job.
- Prioritize tasks to provide a smooth flow of progress throughout the project.
- Supervise the tasks and responsibilities assigned to employees and subcontractors.
- Make frequent visits to the project site, verifying that the site is organized and clean and that satisfactory progress is being made to meet the established schedule milestones.
- Direct with authority the Project Superintendents and being accountable for the entire project.
- Negotiate and write all sub-contracts.
- Implement material processing
- Track all costs incurred.
- Review all timesheets submitted by subordinates.
- Problem-solve with architects, engineers, and local authorities.
- Write and sign all Purchase Orders, change orders, and back charges.
- Monitor sub-contractors' agreements and providing written notices if they are not meeting the terms of their commitments.
- Assure all procedures and workmanship meet AHBI standards.
- Verify that the required inspections are made by the appropriate governing authorities.
- Inspect and note deficiencies that need correction before a unit inspection by the owner.
- Make sure all requirements are met at close-out of the project, and that permanent occupants are obtained from the governing Building Department.
- Verify that the Project Superintendent(s) under his direct supervision regularly update the Total Project Schedule and the Individual Building Tower Schedules, ensuring that the onsite schedule documentation is kept current.
- Verify that the project has a complete inventory of tools on file and that the tools are being maintained.
- Enforce the Company Safety and Security Policy and Procedures on the project site at all times.
LOCATION: Lodi, CA
JOB TYPE: Full-Time/Exempt
CORE BUSINESS HOURS: 7:00 am-5:00 pm M-F
(Additional hours and weekend days may be needed based on the business needs of the company and/or project).
SALARY: $140,000 - $160,000
- Competitive base salary (DOE).
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Financial protection through disability, life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance.
- 401K plan in which the company matches a percentage of what you contribute!
- A generous paid time off program.
- 10 paid holidays- plus 2 paid personal days!
PRE- EMPLOYMENT SCREENING:
Candidates selected for hire must be able to pass a pre-employment/post-hire drug screen, and background checks along with taking a personality assessment.
AMERICAN CAPITAL GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy genetics, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please find out more about us on our website: www.acg.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
- Ground-up Multifamily/Hotel Construction: 7 years (Required)
- Construction Project Manager: 10 years (Required)