Discover what a team-driven culture really means with GarzaEMC. Join us and work with some of the greatest Public Works Design Teams and Engineers in Texas.
GarzaEMC’s expertise includes site development, water and wastewater, construction management and management consulting. We offer consulting and design services for higher education, K-12, office and corporate facilities, municipal facilities and infrastructure, as well as medical and laboratory facilities.
The primary purpose of the Engineer Associate is to assist project managers in developing and processing design projects by performing due diligence, engineering calculations and design, and technical writing.
An Engineer Associate
- Prepares preliminary information, and obtains required documents and plans
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions
- Ensures internal approval of products and plans, and processes plans for approval by reviewing agencies
- Provides technical assistance during the construction phases
- Effectively communicates and coordinates between project personnel, including architects, engineers, developers, contractors, and clients
- Monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, and accepted engineering practices and standards
- Performs due diligence and research on projects as required to provide the background information to start a new project
- Assists with the preparation of plans and reports for relevant project design elements under the guidance and supervision of a licensed professional engineer.
- Performs engineering design tasks on assigned projects under supervision of Project Engineer or Project Manager, including engineering drawings, engineering reports and required applications to regulatory agencies
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions, communicating status to the Project Engineer/Project Manager
- Coordinates with the regulatory review agencies to resolve comments on construction documents or plans/permits to seek final approval
Required Licensing, Education & Experience
- E.I.T. Registration Preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- 2 - 5 years of relevant project design
- Working towards becoming a licensed Professional Engineer
Relevant Engineering Design Tasks
- Grading and drainage (hydraulic and hydrology)
- Transportation and Roadway
- Water Quality
- Site Planning
- AutoCAD Civil3D
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance