This position requires strong mechanical aptitude, with the ability to support sophisticated water treatment systems, for a wide variety of challenging applications. The Field Service Technicians will repair and commission process technologies such as: reverse osmosis (RO), demineralization (DI), ultraviolet (UV), water softeners, ion exchange, pressure filters, chemicals, ultrafiltration (UF), nanofiltration (NF), etc.This position requires extensive travel (80%), including some international.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides courteous and professional customer service support during field visits.
- Comprehends customer issues/requirements and finds solutions or recommendations.
- Manages all on-site repairs, maintenance and testing tasks.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Starts-up newly fabricated and installed equipment and trains customer’s personnel on how to operate the system.
- Works with Electrical Engineering/Automation to troubleshoot and confirm program operation.
- Keeps positive relationships with contractors, customers, engineers and operators.
- Knowledgeable on reference and operating materials for the end user.
- Documents processes followed for service work.
- Produces timely and detailed service reports.
- Maintains confidential operational system information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending service trainings, workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing networks.
- Offers suggestions to improve equipment or department performance.
- Shares technical information with other members of service and engineering departments.
- Available for travel on short notice.
Miscellaneous Duties and Responsibilities
- Other tasks, duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Ability and willingness to expand programming knowledge and skills.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; accepts feedback from others.
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgement - Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of water treatment technologies is required.
- Efficiently able to diagnose and troubleshoot water treatment issues in the field.
- Knowledge of plumbing valves, pumps and instruments (pressure, flow, pH, conductivity, ORP, temperature, silica, turbidity, chlorine, etc.) is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, PFD’s, P&ID’s, general arrangements and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Well organized with strong attention to detail.
- Computer skills such as: Word, Excel, RS Linx, RS Logix 500, RS Logix 5000, FactoryTalk View, etc., is preferred but not required.
- Ability to upload and download PLC and HMI programs and troubleshoot ladder logic PLC programs is preferred but not required.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $107,450.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- This position REQUIRES 80% national and/or international travel, is this something you're willing and able to do?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road