About the Company:
CORMETECH, Inc. was founded in 1989, and provides environmental engineering solutions and services to the North American and world's power, marine, industrial-process, refinery, and petrochemical markets. It is servicing the growth needs of the U.S. power generating fleet to comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations in a cost effective way.
CORMETECH has fully dedicated, state-of-the art manufacturing facilities, research and development centers and testing laboratories in Charlotte (NC), Cleveland (TN), Durham (NC), and Kings Mountain (NC).
All full-time employees are eligible for benefits on day one of employment!
This position will focus initially on formulation development and key factors that influence the extrusion and drying of ceramic honeycomb monoliths. The engineer will also examine how formulation impacts the extrudate form stability as well as the thermo-mechanical properties and chemical activity of the finished honeycomb structure.
- Development of material formulations for new and existing SCR products to improve strength, thermal stability, and chemical activity.
- Optimization of drying cycles for extruded monoliths.
- Leading the transition from the development phase into production for new processes and products.
- Establish testing and documentation protocols for new characterization methods in the field of the processing of SCR materials.
- Establish precision and accuracy of novel testing methods and set up of control procedures, which ensure that the quality of the test methods is maintained over time.
- Train Development Technicians on newly developed testing methods.
- Build first principle or empirical models relating to batch properties to extrusion performance and properties of final product.
- Assume general project development responsibilities.
- B.S. in Chemical, Materials or Polymer Engineering, or similar engineering background.
- Excellent understanding of material science and engineering fundamentals.
- Knowledge of statistics, DOE (design of experiment) methods, statistical procedures and multivariable correlations
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience in processing of ceramic materials
- Experience with Minitab or other statistical software
- Experience using CAD Software
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.