Automation Solutions creates innovative custom machine control solutions. During the past 20+ years, we have provided industrial automation systems, machines, services and components to machine builders and end-users throughout the world. We occupy a unique niche as both a Factory Authorized Systems Integrator and an Authorized Distributor for many quality automation lines. We value creative collaboration and radical acceptance. As a family company, we embrace our customers' goals as our own and seek multifaceted people who bring those machines to life.
In this position, you will create innovative, responsive solutions to a wide variety of machine control applications. We apply a common “toolbox” of components to create custom solutions for a wide variety of applications. You will develop projects from customer discovery; through UL508a control panel design; to PLC, HMI, Motion, and Network programming; through validation and startup at the customer’s location. Most projects are completed in less than six weeks, and startups are usually day-trips. Individual initiative, a dedication to quality and a sense of pride in one’s workmanship is critical. As a member of our engineering team, you will work cooperatively with the principal engineer, other engineers, draftspeople, project managers, and production technicians on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects. The ideal candidate loves writing clean, elegant code from a blank slate. A lifelong-learner or student mindset is essential, as is the ability to be flexible and willing to try on new roles in the process.
- Demonstrate mastery of IEC 61131-3 PLC programming, with an emphasis on Structured Text and Ladder.
- Adhere to Automation Solutions' standardized conventions and guidelines.
- Willingness to write disciplined, organized and well-documented code
- Fluent in ANSI Y32.2/IEEE and IEC electrical schematic symbols and layouts
- Fluent in ANSI/ISA S5.1 P&ID process schematics symbols and layouts.
- Able to design control panels up to 480V/3 to UL508A and NFPA79 standards.
- Expert proficiency implementing/troubleshooting PLCs, HMI, motion control, servo systems, industrial sensors.
- Experience with industrial networks such as Modbus TCP, Ethernet/IP, CANopen, and J1939.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and an ability to calmly guide our customers through the startup process.
- Experience commissioning and troubleshooting automation systems.
- 5+ Years of experience in all requirements
- PLC Programming with CoDeSys (SoMachine) on Schneider and Wago PLCs.
- PLC Programming for Mitsubishi FX-, A-, Q- and iQ- PLC systems.
- PLC Programming for Rockwell/Allen-Bradley
- Motion Programming with CoDeSys (SoMachine) SoftMotion, or Mitsubishi motion controllers.
- HMI Programming for Schneider (Proface), Red Lion, Mitsubishi, Panelview systems.
- ANSI C/C++ Programming
Most work will be performed at our offices in Beaverton, Oregon. Additional work will be required in a wide variety of environments and industries, including everything from clean-room to rock quarry to military installations. You must be willing and able to work offsite as required. Fieldwork is usually within driving distance but will include out-of-town startup and service trips generally amounting to less than 15% of the total work schedule.
Compensation & Benefits
Flexible work schedule; paid vacation with additional paid time off (PTO); paid holidays; health insurance, 401(k), profit sharing; specialty training and new skills development, and more. No relocation benefit.
Job Type: Full-time
- Systems Integration: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)