Kiewit Industrial Engineering (K-IND) is seeking an Experienced Structural Designer for the Lenexa, Kansas office. Looking for the ideal candidate to grow with the K-IND team by helping to establish, maintain, and improve standards and tools while contributing to project success. The Structural Designer will have a minimum of a 2 year technical school degree in Computer Aided Design with a focus on BIM and a minimum of 5 years structural design experience using Revit, be comfortable with the latest versions of Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks, have a good understanding of design document creation and data exchange using Revit, be a learning resource for less experienced designers and engineers, and be comfortable working closely with Structural Design Engineers on multiple projects simultaneously.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Industrial Design Group, which includes process, electrical, controls, structural, architectural, geotechnical, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets such as Food & Beverage, Consumer Products, Heavy Manufacturing, Industrial Buildings Industrial Water and Utilities. We have specialized expertise in plant floor process design, packaging, refrigerated/frozen facility design, and ammonia refrigeration systems.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
- Coordinate with other design group team members to review and exchange project information necessary for design and development.
- Gathers required information and collaborate with engineers and multiple disciplines to develop BIM models for foundations and steel structures.
- Leverages Building Information Modeling (BIM) to create plans, drawings, and details.
- Assist in the development of department standards and tools.
- Mentors other team members in design and modeling techniques.
- Completion of a vocational training program in Computer Aided Design and 5+ years of industrial design experience using Revit; or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 10 years’ of industrial design experience using Revit.
- Experience utilizing AutoCAD and NavisWorks is required.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret multi-discipline engineering and vendor documents
- Displays leadership and confidence to monitor peers, especially those with less experience in drafting and design.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines both verbally and in written form.
- Knowledge of basic spreadsheet, database, word processing programs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.