- Operate independently on assigned projects.
- Design electrical systems based on customer requirements.
- Create electrical schematics and point to point drawings.
- Create sub-panel layouts.
- Design building utility circuits.
- Provide electrical engineering support for testing and production floor.
- Meet with customers, suppliers and OEMs.
- Coordinate with the mechanical engineering department for panel and door layouts, and conduit, wireway and cable tray runs.
- Check electrical packages.
- Develop BOM in coordination with AE and ME.
- Interact with all other SPS Departments.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Run reports from database based CAD software.
- Release electrical drawings, BOMs, nameplate lists, ECN’s
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience using MS Office Suite and CAD software.
- Solid understanding of one line, three line, control schematics, point to point drawings.
- Familiarity with power distribution and substation controls (three phase systems, relays, transformers, control switches, etc.).
Desired Qualities and Attributes
- Experience using SolidWorks Electrical.
- PE or EIT licensure desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in power distribution industry.
- Knowledge in NEC, IEEE, ANSI codes.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in electrical engineering or in electrical engineering technology.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,304.00 - $85,374.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Electrical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)