- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
- 4+ years of proven experience as QAE, SDET, or SDE
Do you want to share your passion for technology? Are you looking for your next challenge? Join us in building and maintaining the learning systems that are reaching millions of AWS Customers, Partners, and Users as they learn how to maximize tools, services, and offerings in Amazon Web Services (AWS). We are constantly evolving our core systems to enable our customers in their journey to gain technical expertise.
As a QA Engineer-II on the team, you will collaborate with developers, product managers and customer support to identify unambiguous software requirements, understand all features and their implementation details, understand customer usage models and then develop and execute plans to get that software into our customers' hands in an efficient fashion with a high degree of confidence in its quality.
Our preferred candidate possesses a demonstrated ability to work with a team towards quality delivery. Our QAEs understand and implement effective test strategies to assess the quality of the system under test, through effective test planning, test case designing, test execution and automation of those tests. As a QAE on the team you will be a key voice in the design, coding, deployment, and post-deployment phases. You'll implement and own quality gates for code changes, ensuring our users' experience will be continually maintained or improved, while enhancing development experience with earlier and consistent discovery of issues.
Our preferred candidate also possesses a high level of coding aptitude. Our QAEs are not pure black box testers; they are able to understand the software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests using a variety of frameworks. You will develop high-quality test automation to driver lower operational costs and faster deployments.
- Experience testing mobile applications
- Basic knowledge of the Linux environment
- Experience in test automation development using modern HTML frameworks like Selenium or JSoup, and test frameworks like JUnit or TestNG.
- Demonstrated experience in leading QA effort on large-scale software projects or deliverables; strong organizational skills.
- Experience with using Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends and proactively solve problems
- Experience testing large scale Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems
- Experience testing Serverless systems
- Strong experience with QA methodologies and software testing techniques and tools, especially for web-based software products.
- Demonstrated experience in test strategy implementation, test planning, test designing, and test execution.
- Experience testing distributed systems
- Experience using test cases management tools (like TCM or TestRail), issues management tools (like Bugzilla or Redmine) and development environments (like Visual Studio, IntelliJ or Eclipse).
- Experience working closely with development and business teams
- Good oral and written communication skill
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age