- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
- 4+ years of proven experience as QAE, SDET, or SDE
Do you want to share your passion for technology? Are you looking for your next challenge? Join us in building the learning systems that are reaching millions of AWS Customers, Partners, and Users as they learn how to maximize tools, services, and offerings in Amazon Web Services (AWS). We are constantly evolving our core systems to enable our customers in their journey to gain technical expertise.
As a QA Engineer-II of the learning systems platform development organization, you are the main advocate for Customers, enabling teams to deliver services into our customers' hands fast with a high degree of confidence in its quality. You will identify quality gaps and goals, and facilitate and support teams to implement best practices and quality tools, while potentially developing quality productivity tools yourself. You work closely with developers, team managers, product managers and customer support by clarifying ambiguous requirements, customer use cases and usage models.
Our preferred candidate possesses a demonstrated ability to work with teams of developers, business owners and user experience team, towards quality delivery. Our QAEs understand effective test strategies for web services, drive the development team to execute to the strategy, while assessing and surfacing the data of the quality of services under test for teams. As a QAE on the team you will be a key voice in the design, coding, deployment, and post-deployment phases. You'll design and drive implementation of quality gates for code changes, ensuring our users' experience will be continually maintained or improved, while enhancing development experience with earlier and consistent discovery of issues.
Our preferred candidate also possesses a high level of coding aptitude. Our QAEs are not manual testers nor focus purely on blackbox testing; they are able to understand the software internals, debug problems using log files, and read/write automated tests using a variety of frameworks.
- Experience testing mobile applications
- Basic knowledge of the Linux environment
- Experience in test automation development using modern HTML frameworks like Selenium or JSoup, and test frameworks like JUnit or TestNG.
- Demonstrated experience in leading QA effort on large-scale software projects or deliverables; strong organizational skills.
- Experience with using Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends and proactively solve problems
- Experience testing large scale Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems
- Experience testing Serverless systems
- Strong experience with QA methodologies and software testing techniques and tools, especially for web-based software products.
- Demonstrated experience in test strategy implementation, test planning, test designing, and test execution.
- Experience testing distributed systems
- Experience using test cases management tools (like TCM or TestRail), issues management tools (like Bugzilla or Redmine) and development environments (like Visual Studio, IntelliJ or Eclipse).
- Experience working closely with development and business teams
- Good oral and written communication skill
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age