Bell Power Systems/Superior Diesel Inc. has been an industry leader for over 50 years as a Value-Added Distributor of John Deere and Yanmar diesel engines. Bell Power offers a great working atmosphere, competitive benefits and wages, plus opportunities for growth. Our diesel engine applications include generators, water pumps, OEM, marine, railway maintenance, and forestry. Our skilled engineers custom design products to fit specific application needs and our production team is experienced and well versed in application and assembly.
The Production Assembler is responsible for producing engine packages by assembling parts and sub-assemblies. This individual must be a quick learner and be willing to be cross-trained to work on the flow line and production bays. This Production assembler team member position is full time with occasional overtime required. It is a first shift position, normally from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage inventory following established guidelines and procedures including labeling and locating parts, picking parts from appropriate locations in specified quantities, delivering parts to work areas, and recording and communicating inventory levels.
- Collect all material and equipment outlined in the engineering specifications for the certain package.
- Fasten or install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies.
- Lie out and drill, ream, tap, or cut parts for assembly.
- Rework, repair, or replace damaged parts or assemblies.
- Measure dimensions of completed products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Properly use wrenches, power drills, mallets, hammers, chisels, and gauges.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Maintain inventory of parts in work stations.
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Cross train throughout the shop; understand various builds and product lines.
- Position or align components for assembly; set and verify parts clearances
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work well with others cooperatively and courteously
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Must be able to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption
- Must be able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Must have knowledge of English, including proper use of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style
- Must be able to work independently and carry out assignments to completion with minimum instruction and adhere to established routines and practices
- Must have an excellent work ethic and superior attendance
- Must have basic knowledge of computers
Job Requirements Include:
- Must work well in a team environment
- Prior engine mechanics desired.
- Basic knowledge of the diesel engines
- Proper use of hand tools and power tools
- Must be able to follow work instructions
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new computer systems
- Ability to operate a lift truck
- Willingness to submit to a background and drug screen test
- Good communications skills.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 0-50 pounds frequently; 50-75 pounds occasionally; and over 75 pounds rarely
- Must be able to routinely stand, sit, stoop, twist and bend throughout a nine-hour shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and a level of ambidexterity
- Visual acuity (corrected) required for inspecting work and reading written material, job orders, computer screens
Benefits available to this position include:
At Bell Power Systems, we recognize and appreciate our team member’s hard work and enthusiasm. Therefore, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Factory training on state of the art engine systems
- Work with company provided tools
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Assembly: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page: