Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Are you ready to join Northrop Grumman? If so, our Defense Systems Sector wants you to join our team as a Mechanical Engineer in Ogden, UT, Oklahoma City, OK, or Warner Robins, GA
You will be a part of an Integrated Product Team, responsible for eliminating constraints associated with aging aircraft to include: Liaison Engineering, Requirements Development, First Article Inspection, Non-Contact 3D Digital Inspection, Troubleshooting, Tooling, Obsolescence Management and associated Root Cause/Corrective Action. You will research trouble reports, develop, design, and test mechanical components, equipment, systems, and products for defense systems using Computer Aided Design (CAD) applications to develop novel solutions to aging aircraft challenges.
You will support the Lead Engineer in execution of various program activities, to include program reviews, test procedure development, reporting, and control plan development and review, requirements management, test execution and witnessing, and hardware selection and specification development
Your Responsibilities include:
1. Works to modify or upgrade flight decks and mission systems on a wide variety aircraft.
2. Studies and engages with current Integrated Avionics and Mission Systems technologies, concurrent product definition, architecture definition, design synthesis and verification on a variety of different aircraft platforms
3. Researches, plans, designs, and develops / and or modifies mechanical products and systems such as aircraft structure, instruments, controls, and mechanical, thermal hydraulic, or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy
4. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, and controls
5. Prepares, develops, and presents status reports and designs trade studies.
1. A Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of engineering experience; or A Master's degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 0 years of engineering experience.
2. Demonstrated e xperience with the following documents and aerospace engineering applications:
MIL-STD-31000, Technical Data Packages
Metallic Materials Properties Development and Standardization (MMPDS)
MIL-STD-130, Identification Marking of U.S. Military Property
Computer Aided Design (CAD, NX/Solidworks, et al.)
3. Ability to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) secret security clearance
4. Ability to obtain/maintain base access for Hill AFB, Tinker AFB or Warner Robins AFB .
1. Familiarity with the following documents and aerospace engineering applications:
MIL-STD-1472, Human Engineering
MIL-STD-461G, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment.
MIL-STD-464, Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Requirements for Systems.
MIL-STD-46855, Human Engineering Requirements for Military Systems, Equipment, and Facilities.
MIL-STD-810, Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests.
SAE AS9017, Control of Aviation Critical Safety Items.
Non-contact 3D Metrology
MIL-HDBK-61, Configuration Management
MIL-STD-1530, Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP)
TO 1-1B-50, Aircraft Weight and Balance
AS9102 First Article Inspection Requirement
General Aerospace Liaison Engineering Processes
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 23/Part 25/Part 145
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.