Welage Corporation, a Job Shop Metal Fabricator, is looking for a Manufacturing Process Engineer / Programmer to join their team!
The Manufacturing Process Engineer / Programmer is a hybrid position that is responsible for developing and managing CNC programs, manufacturing processes, technical documentation, and equipment maintenance.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company and learn all the ins-and-outs of running a manufacturing organization! Experience with ProtoTRAK CNCs, HAAS VF4SS Vertical Mills, and MAZAK OPTIPLEX 3015 Fiber Laser a plus!
Key Functions of the Role:
- Programming: Develops and manages CNC programs and machine setups to produce consistent and efficient methods of manufacturing.
- Manufacturing Processes: Develops and implements manufacturing processes to ensure efficient and accurate fabrication of products.
- Design Engineering: Determines the feasibility of customer product designs and makes design revisions when needed; proactively coordinates and gathers all part related information; researches and resolves any discrepancies and clarifies unclear information with customers. Designs and implements welding fixtures and ensures resources are in place for welding operations.
- Technical Leader: Acts as technical leader of product design and process engineering, providing support and guidance to Welage Corporation’s staff and customers.
- Continuous Improvement: Executes continuous improvement initiatives to eliminate waste, reduce costs, and increase efficiencies.
- Technical Documentation: Manages technical documentation to ensure customer information and drawings are up to date and meet engineering design requirements.
- Machine Maintenance: Provides technical assistance and troubleshooting for equipment related issues as part of the Equipment Maintenance Program.
- A minimum of 5 years of metal manufacturing and process engineering experience required
- A minimum of 2 years CNC programming experience required (laser programming experience a plus!)
- Must have CAD 2D and 3D experience (AutoCAD)
- CAM experience a plus
- RADAN Nesting Software experience a plus
- Must have job shop experience
- Experience with quality control and processing sheets required
- Experience with feasibility reviews customer product designs required
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has an eye for detail, flexible to the shop's ever-changing needs, and is a great team player.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Healthcare Plans
- 401-K with Company Match
- Career Growth & Advancement
- Being a valued member of our team!
Since 1947, Welage Corporation has been providing superior quality, service, and value to its customers. What began as an old world Tool & Die shop has evolved into a modern, state-of-the-art leader in Metal Fabrication. We use the latest technologies, equipment and methods to serve our many customers over a wide variety of industries. From conveyors and accessible ramps, to mining, construction, military hardware, electrical switch-gear, appliances and more.
It is the policy of Welage Corporation to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sex, military status, union affiliation, and any other legally protected status and to make employment decisions consistent with this principle of equal opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Process engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- CNC programming: 2 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- product design: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction