Project Engineer – Façade Engineering
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Project Engineer located in the Mission Viejo, CA office.
The Structural Framing Division of MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is driven to provide innovative structural solutions to the commercial building industry focused around Building Envelope Design, Manufacturing, Steel Framing and Structural Engineered Designs.
Our Specialty Engineering Department is looking for a talented Project Engineer who will develop and produce Curtain Wall designs and contract documents for new and retrofit building/structural projects including, but not limited to, schools, offices, sporting facilities, hospitals and medical office buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop and produce Curtain Wall designs and contract documents for new and retrofit building/structural projects including, but not limited to, schools, offices, hospitals and medical office buildings.
- Create computer models using preliminary drawings and/or design criteria.
- Develop and draw by hand project design details for construction.
- Develop curtain wall frame solutions.
- Produce safe and efficient structural engineering solutions.
- Prepare structural calculations and drawings for submission to Engineers of Record and Authorities having Jurisdiction.
- Train Design Engineers on how to perform their essential duties and lead by example.
- Understand project schedules and deliver contract documents on time.
- Excellent knowledge of the following codes:
- ACI 318
- ASCE 7
- AISC 341/360
- Excellent knowledge of the following structural materials:
- Glass (not required but preferred)
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education and/or Experience
· Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering. MS degree preferred.
· Excellent understanding of statics, dynamics, and structural load path.
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Curtain Wall Design.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret applicable building codes, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical publications, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as calculus, algebraic formulas, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office and proficient skills in Word and Excel, as well as various structural engineering software platforms, including SAP2000/ETABS to analyze. Knowledge in Excel VBA is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Licensed as a Professional Engineer is preferred
· Licensed as a Structural Engineer is preferred
If subject to license requirements or professional development hours as stipulated by a state agency now or in the future, compliance is required.
Typical office environment
There is no travel required for this position.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- curtainwall: 2 years (Required)
- Mission Viejo, CA (Required)
- How many years of facade engineering experience?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement