Senior IT Developer (Corporate Information Systems)
25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to join a company where doing good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual.
- Utilize and maintain technical and applications expertise, including the use of technologies, tools, programming standards, established processes, and concepts necessary to develop quality IT solutions for most of the section’s areas of responsibility.
- Participate in and may provide oversight for activities associated with the Application Development Life Cycle including design, construction, testing, documenting and implementation of complex IT solutions.
- Collaborate and facilitate collaboration with team members as well as across teams and sections to complete work in a timely manner.
- Provide coverage and support of production application systems. May coach others on best problem-solving practices for production support.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other IT personnel handling routine work.
Perks and Benefits:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Guidewire application development experience preferred but not required
- Committed to continuous learning including but not limited to training sessions or seminars with a focus on expanding knowledge beyond the current role.
- Ability to effectively break down, prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks independently.
- Ability to identify challenges and risks to the completion of work along with communication of those with possible solutions to the appropriate personnel.
- Capable of completing non-routine work independently including conducting research and using appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively within our Corporate Information Systems Department as well as with business units about planned work, completed work and next steps.
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.