The Business Intelligence Developer will be the strategic resource on Business Intelligence team within Central Valley Ag. We are looking for a talented BI developer who is versatile and creative, who can be an integral part of a small tight team that will build next generation analytics that support CVA and its partners. This role not only requires the ability to design prescriptive reporting solutions but also be hands-on in the database/backend data source to pull data using SQL to verify and test the visualizations. If you’re passionate about agriculture and want to help shape the direction of our next generation features and products for our Partners, and to make a significant impact on the lives of thousands of people, then we have the perfect position for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Communication and analytical skills to effectively capture, develop and implement the business intelligence systems requirements.
2. Collaborate with source system experts, customers, and other team members to determine data extraction, transformation, analytics, and reporting requirements.
3. Troubleshoot data issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process improvements
4. Implement and support Business Intelligence solutions for the Retail Energy business.
5. Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and create proof of concepts.
6. Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of BI and ETL processes while adhering to standards developed by the Technical Architecture team.
7. Coach and mentor users.
8. Participate in sprint planning and sprint review sessions.
9. Participate in technical architecture review sessions.
10. Other duties as assigned.
No – Not currently.
- Good working knowledge of standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures within a business intelligence environment
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to model data coming in from different data sources into BI technologies
- Ability to design and implement core BI framework to drive analytics across the organization
- Excellent knowledge in designing and delivery of Power BI Reports, Dashboards, Datasets and related applications.
- Expertise in working with a team of Data Scientists to generate Advanced Analytics on structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with defect triage, analysis, and resolution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree or significant work experience with will be considered in lieu of a college degree
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY USED IN THIS POSITION
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Power BI, Power Query, Power Pivot
CORE COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION
ª Safety – Maintains a work environment that is safe for everyone.
ª Customer Focus – Actively looks for ways to help customers.
ª Integrity – Adheres to moral and ethical principles.
ª Teamwork – Works well with others to achieve a common goal.
ª Financial Accountability – Takes responsibility for the way money and resources
are used and managed.
ª Innovation – Introduces new ideas, devices, or methods.
INDIVIDUAL COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION
ª Employee Focus - Listens and responds effectively to employee’s questions and
resolves employee problems to the employee’s satisfaction. Follows-up with
employee to ensure that all problems have been resolved to the employee’s
satisfaction. Is committed to exceeding employee’s expectations.
ª Positive Outlook - Displays optimism at all times. Stays positive and remains
upbeat. Notices and acknowledges things that are going well, especially during
stressful times. Faces problems head on and will make productive changes to
ª Planning and Project Management - Integrates the ideas and needs of others in
developing feasible strategies to achieve goals. Appraises and resolves
deficiencies and challenges. Ensures deadlines are met and keeps appropriate
people informed of project/program status.
ª Results Oriented - Balances and satisfies the needs of all employees, customers,
and suppliers as well as those with a financial interest in the organization to
achieve excellence. Is driven by the end result and wants to do more.
Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities, and results are not the
same. Achieves meaningful results without having to be told what the desired
results should be.
ª Conflict Resolution - Accepts and respects that individual opinions may differ.
Focuses on areas of common interest and agreement. Listens without interrupting
asking for feedback if needed to assure a clear understanding of the issue. Works
with both parties to find a win-win solution to the problem.
ª Personal Accountability for Safety - Behaves in a way that demonstrates Safety as
a top priority. Immediately informs a supervisor about any unsafe working
conditions. Does not hesitate to address co-workers that engage in unsafe work
habits. Leaves others with the dear impression that Safety is a core value of this
PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR THIS POSITION
ª Able to balance
ª Use of hands to finger, handle or feel
ª Reach with hands and arms
ª Regularly lift and/or move at least 10 pounds.
ª Frequently lift and/or move at least 50 pounds.
ª Occasionally lift and/or move at least 100 pounds.
ª Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
ª Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ª Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met in order to perform this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, position responsibilities, and required abilities and skills. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an individual in this position and nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to the person holding this position at any time. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities expected to meet job standards.