Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
This person coordinates new program from quoting process through implementation on the production floor. Improve manufacturing processes and product quality by conducting research, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; and conferring with operators, engineering and skilled trades. Works with various departments, customers and vendors to ensure a successful launch.
1. Safety First - Obey the plant’s safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard.
2. Prepares new product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends (OEE/FTT/GP12/PPK, etc.).
3. Assist with review of all concepts and designs of production tooling/check fixtures as needed.
4. Coordinate launch activities home line.
a. Launch board tracking (OEE, PIST, Pedigree, etc.)
b. Burst build planning (material, labor, skilled trades, etc.)
c. Run at Rate
5. Collaborate with Project Managers on container design and obtaining quotes.
6. Assist with SWI for new programs
7. Administer CPMP and help with implementation.
8. Prepare customer presentations for Engineering Department
9. Coordinate technical review information within the division.
10. Handle confidential information on a regular basis.
11. Attend and actively participate in the APQP meetings and associated activities (Tryouts, PPAP, Run to Rate, etc.)
12. Responsible for all prototype projects.
13. Responsible for PFMEA reduction activities.
14. Maintain stamping, fixture and assembly standards.
15. Perform internal audits as assigned (QA, IATF, Manufacturing Process, etc.)
16. Responsible for plant layouts and equipment FMEA’s.
17. Participate in continuous improvement efforts. Researches, recommends, and implements new and/or existing products, processes, materials and equipment. Engages in comparative and competitive analysis to ensure utilization of most appropriate and beneficial techniques.
18. Communicate with other departments including Production, Tool Room, Maintenance, Quality, Purchasing and Management on all program concerns.
19. Use computer and software as required.
20. Follows and supports the company’s and Magna’s operating principles
21. Supports efforts to achieve department and plant goals on Employee Opinion Survey.
22. Perform other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel and AutoCad)
- Understanding of manufacturing, assembly and equipment principles
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication
- Good technical presentation skills
- Green/Black belt preferred or ability to acquire.
- Mechanically inclined and have the ability to learn and understand metal stamping and assembly processes.
- Lean Principles
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and develop/implement solutions.
- Ability to travel and maintain necessary passport and visas.
- Teamwork oriented