Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Newell, WV
About the Company: Marsh Bellofram Group based in Newell, WV, just outside of the Pittsburgh, PA Metro area, consists of multiple industry leading brands focused on industrial control and measurement. We are experiencing strong growth and need to expand our team. Products include gas pressure regulators, gauges, high precision pneumatic controls, engineered rubber and silicone components, critical space motor protection and industrial process timing instruments. Our customers are in a wide array of markets such as energy, manufacturing, water treatment, utilities, aerospace and defense.
Mechanical Engineer Position Function: Researches, plans and designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and directs and coordinates drafting and testing activities.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities: To include but not limited to the following
- Design new products such as pressure, temperature and liquid level monitoring and controlling devices.
- Provide support on existing product lines of a variety of industrial instruments.
- Provide support to allow a smooth production release of new products.
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Prepares design sketches, layouts and schematics as part of a design team.
- Performs analytical calculations, modeling, analyzes data, prepares reports, and makes comparisons with similar proven designs.
- Selects raw materials and components; develops specs for a new product.
- Prepares preliminary and detailed design drawings using the Auto Cad or Inventor CAD package and directs the work of designers, drafters, and technicians as required.
- Develops cost estimates bases on specs.
- Provide product specifications for the purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standard.
- Performs dimensional and functional inspection of prototypes.
- Designs test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for assembling and testing products.
- Evaluates pre-production field installations and implements design modifications to eliminate undesired performance and to enhance desired product features.
- Train production on assembly and test of new products.
Mechanical Engineer Minimum Requirements:
- B.S in mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering.
- MSME, CAD and pneumatic design experience is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of AutoCad system.
- Good mechanical, analytical, and technical skills.
- Good administrative, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or team player.
- Temperature/pressure equipment experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance