Our Fort Collins office is seeking an entry level Utility Engineer to provide engineering services related to over-head electric power lines. If you like challenging assignments, are self-motivated, and want to grow your career, consider joining the EDM Team.
- Assist in designing and engineering electric distribution utility infrastructure
- Analyze and design utility structures and foundations
- Create job packages, construction documents, drawings, reports, maps, plan-profiles as well as standards
- Utilize industry standard software (PLS-CADD) to analyze and design structural and overhead power lines, create alignments, and assess structural capacity of structural components
- Participate in project coordination and review meetings as requested by client
- Develop knowledge of and apply all applicable industry codes (applicable utility design documents, NESC, G.O. 95, IEEE, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited ABET university/college is required
- Registration as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) is preferred and desire to work towards obtaining PE license is required
- 1 – 3+ years of experience with overhead and underground electric utility is preferred
- Distribution overhead line design and construction experience is preferred
- Experience in drafting with AutoCAD is preferred
- Positive, team-oriented, and professional attitude is required
- Strong organizational and project coordination abilities is required
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
Salary Range: $55-$65K per year plus discretionary bonus
EDM has become a leader in the electric utility, energy, construction, and communication industries by merging excellence in engineering and science with a genuine concern for our clients’ needs.
Headquartered in Fort Collins, CO, with offices in Billings, MT, San Diego, CA and Phoenix, AZ, the success of our consulting, research and development services is attributed to our team of dedicated employees.
We are a family-oriented, employee-owned company and offer exciting opportunities with an excellent compensation and benefits package including, but not limited to, health insurance, paid holidays, retirement program, ongoing growth potential and a strong work/life balance.
Please send resume and cover letter to the email provided on our website: www.edmlink.com/careers
EDM International, Inc. fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location