This position works under the direct supervision of the Herndon Office Manager and will work with all disciplines including transportation design, traffic engineering, environmental and construction services. This position will also support the Regional Manager.
Position functions include:
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Office Manager and Regional Manager;
- Provide support to various disciplines by running and analyzing budget and financial reports;
- General support for contract management and project controls;
- Project specific assignment coordination with meeting minutes and action item follow-up;
- Create and update staffing matrixes;
- General coordination with team members developing and preparing meeting material for internal and external meetings;
- Format and edit letters, reports, and all other correspondence from draft stage to client-ready work;
- Follow an organized filing/document management process for electronic and paper documents.
- Develop and edit business documents from information provided with minimal guidance;
- Identify and develop relationships with key internal and external contacts.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for new professionals to gain valuable experience and hone their skills and be mentored by senior engineers in various departments.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and written skills; be able to adapt, multi-task, and prioritize to competing deadlines; be highly organized; and pay close attention to detail for technical elements of the position.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience in Civil Engineering / Transportation field
- Excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and above average Excel skills
- Excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills
- Self-starter with strong multi-tasking and follow-up skills. Ability to prioritize. Good time management skills and proactive approach
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining consistent workflow and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to quickly absorb new information and build on newly acquired skills